Waze on LG G3 kills sound after a while.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Have been using Waze religiously on my HTC One and now my LG G3, without issue except that sometimes it would stop giving oral directions. It was somewhat infrequent, couldn't figure out what triggered it. Today, it worked for a while and then stopped giving directions. When I quit Waze, I got no sound from incoming calls (just vibration) or incoming texts. I checked the sound settings and all were high. I power cycled the phone, and the sound was restored. I Googled the issue and saw that this was a problem with Waze on various android phones a year or so ago, but no recent posts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Waze twice, and both times, Waze sent a text to verify my phone number, and the messaging app (native) froze (screen unresponsive). In the process I have lost all my favorites that I have entered over the years.
I'm a bit miffed, and frustrated that an app that is rated so highly has suddenly screwed up on my phone. Would like to know if any other G3 users have encountered the sound killer effect of Waze.:mad:
Going to give Maps a try. In a county overrun with speed cameras and red light cameras, I will miss the warnings from Waze, but without sound, those warnings have become as unreliable as the app.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I would contact Waze, and ask them about a fix.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

If I contacted Waze, I would probably not be on the same level with their techno-speak. I'm hoping I'm not alone with this issue. On another forum, an iPhone 5 user said he had the sound loss issue. Different phone, different platform, same problem. When a significant number of users report the issue, maybe Waze will take notice.
I'm looking at this problem as a way to force me to try Maps and see how it compares to Waze. Although I appreciate the speed camera and red light camera warnings, I'm getting a bit tired of the unnecessary "vehicle on the shoulder" reports every few miles and the distraction of the app wanting me to verify or negate every incident report.

dlep

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Waze stop talking when I use Bluetooth to connect my LG3 with my car sound system. As soon as I turn off Bluetooth, sound comes back. Does someone experienced it?