Repetitive text notification . Just Switched from the S4 and I dig this phone.

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to have text messages only notify you one time instead of continuously until you acknowledge it? I tried looking all over settings but can't find it. I just switched to the LG3 after having the S4 for a few years and I have to say I really love this phone. Being simplistic I like being able to eliminate all the stuff I don't want and the basics of the phone are what I need to keep it simple. Came over from ATT to Sprint and noticing a little drop in call quality but internet seems the same so far, digging saving $40 a month in my bill too.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The repetitive notification is part of the texting app's settings. If the default texting app in the phone doesn't have a setting to set repeat notifications to never, use one like Textra SMS (totally different interface, so it takes getting used to, but there's a "never" setting for repeats).

The $40 savings is nice, but did you ever have to go to an AT&T Device Support Center for help? If you did, and you need help from Sprint, you'll see what that $40/month was paying for. (AT&T actually apologized when they couldn't fix my phone and had to give me a new one. I walked in with a plastic box and walked out with a working phone.)

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I use to be with Sprint a while back and yes I know the difference between the two. Target and Walmart, McDonald's and Outback :p