Help with stock calendar app/reoccurring events

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can create a reoccurring event on the stock calendar app that repeats every 6 days? I can only get every day or weekly at best

Posted via Android Central App

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know offhand how to do that on the phone (just tried but can't either), but if it's a one-off, you can do so from calendar.google.com.

Create a new event, check the Repeat box, a new window will pop up. Change the Repeats dropdown from Weekly to Daily. Change the Repeat every 1 days dropdown to 6 days. That should get you started (I didn't try saving one).

Good luck!

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. On a related note, does anyone know how to import a downloaded calendar to the app?

I recently discovered my work has a copy of our work schedule that can be downloaded and it states it can be imported into a calendar app, any ideas?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I just happened to do that very thing earlier today!

It was sent to me in an email attachment, the filename was "schedule-20150119T151044.vcs". From the email app, I downloaded the attachment. I then went to the download folder (I used ES File Explorer but the the native file explorer app should do), and clicked on the file. You may get an "Open With" dialog box, choose "Calendar". From there I pressed the "Save to Calendar" button/bar and it was now in my calendar.

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up!

I was able to import it through my Gmail account by importing it on a desktop PC.
I opted to use a 3rd party app since the stock app just lists a colored bar on the monthly calendar for each event where the third party app actually lists a text description of the events

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Odd... my stock calendar app in monthly view shows the text of the event (yes, it gets cut off due to length of the text but it does show text and not coloured bars). My About for Calendar is build version 4.20.24. If yours is older than that, perhaps check your LG software updates (Settings, About Phone, Update Center, App Updates).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech