Why is my wifi super slow all of a sudden?

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Super slow wifi all of a sudden.

LG G3 new in November, love the phone. Home wifi is very fast, phone never been slow on it. Yesterday out of the blue, apps like FB and Instagram are just spinning, spinning, spinning while downloading pictures. Did hard and soft reset, checked all settings, even changed developer settings so animation is at .5 instead of 1. Home laptops and other mobile devices are fine, seems to be just me and my G3..ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Super slow wifi all of a sudden.

Do you have your Bluetooth on while surfing? If so, try turning it off and see if it improves. If it does, it might be a bug on the BT/WiFi radio chips or BT interference with your router (try changing WiFi channels if this is the case)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Also check your case. I don't see why it would just 'randomly' affect it or not, but I had a case once that when on the phone, would kill the WiFi range by 50% (only noticed when I was in a hotel and my tablet got decent WiFi while the phone just couldn't connect. Off went the case, On came the WiFi).

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

I'll be jiggied! After another very frustrating day not being able to use the apps on my LG, I just saw a post from djmaglioli saying try disabling Google Plus and IT WORKED. I tried everything from factory reset, changing the wifi channels here at the house, changing developer settings...to no avail. I just trashed Google Plus and it's running all of my apps like it used to. I'm still stymied but thrilled with the fix!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

What? Really? Wow! I'm sure this is something Google and/or LG would like to know. I hope you report the app and the bug. But good to know if this pops up again for other users :( Thanks!

garrettvp9

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

I have a similar problem. Whenever I use WiFi with Bluetooth on I get slower network speeds and recently it frequently started disconnecting from the WiFi. Also, I am not sure if this is related because it happens when BT is off but I am unable to play multiplayer games or video call over WiFi specifically from my phone (LG G3). Everything else on the WiFi seems to be working fine. Does anyone know why this started happening all of a sudden and if there is a way to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App