Brightness settings on G3?

kevman8396

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone has there brightness set to on their LG G3 and if they use automatic brightness or not. I have had the phone for a few days. Do you eventually get used to the brightness level being lower than other phones? Also, does the battery eventually get better with more use and charging?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
27% brightness.
Don't know what you have running, my battery is amazing. Games and you tube will hit the battery hard.

Posted via the Android Central App

cedjunior

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep mine on auto with a 100% baseline. I've yet to get under 60% battery after a day of moderate use. Lithium Ion batteries don't need conditioning, but the software that manages the battery might improve management initially.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm a heavy user (I stream Spotify during my commute and stream tv shows during lunch breaks)

I have my settings at 40% with auto-brightness on. By the end of the day I land at about 50% battery, then I just charge it again.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got my brightness set at 60% and I don't use auto brightness. I'm a very light phone user so from a 100% charge the night before, at the end of the next day I will still be in the high 80's or so. I'm charging my phone every other day right now.

Kevin Brant

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It just sucks to have such a gorgeous screen but not be able to see the full beauty of it because the brightness determines the battery life

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My personal theory on phone usage including screen brightness - use the phone as much as want/can and carry a spare battery. Part of the reason I got the G3 - I always choose phones with removable batteries. Carry a spare and you have 2X the battery life and I don't stress on screen brightness/on time. I just use my phone.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I seen on forums on how people complain about brightness but me personally i dont see the problem.. The only thing i can say though is lg made a set amount of displays themselfs and they got another company to make some aswell (jd or something like that) i had mine wich is a 16gb 2gb ram d855 next to a friends 32gb 3gb ram d855 and both was on 100% and mine was alot brighter and contrast was better so am guessing some of the criticism about the brightness been low is them people had the other screen and not the lg made screen.. I have mine on auto and when i play certian games i turn auto of and slide it to about 40/50%. And 🔋 life in my opinion gets better depending on what software ur on cause mine was horrid for the first few days then after that it was awsome and i was doing mid usage most days but i get a good day out of mine and sometimes more.. If u can see the screen perfect then dont let other peoples criticism bother u. Just personal prefrence i guess

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Lg say the screen can go up to 420/430 nits wich isnt the brightest screen out there but like i said all the lg g3s out there dont have the same manufacturered screen

vocalist

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine is set constantly to about 35%, auto brightness off, and I don't find that I need to mess with it. I can get a full day to a day and a quarter, maybe day and a half, depending on my usage. I notice that phone calls, bluetooth and texting really don't seem to use much of the battery. It's FB, youtube and web surfing where I start to see the drain.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
My Mix is set to about 45-50% in a bright room, 39% in moderately lit rooms, and -45% in pitch black. I am glad to have such a low % in pitch black because it helps with reading manga very well.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
This is the problem with all phones.

Once you switch from stock brightness control to Lux Auto Brightness, you will never go back.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.vito.lux&hl=en&token=wSnb40Ua

Did it really benefit your phone especially battery efficiency? I'm planning to buy it but not so sure since I'm getting mixed reviews from other G3 users at the Play Store.

EDIT: I bought it since I was curious lol. I'll report back after a couple days of running this app and see how it affects battery and how well it does adjust my brightness setting. So far though, I like what features it has to offer and how my G3 now reacts to my study lamp.

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Did it really benefit your phone especially battery efficiency? I'm planning to buy it but not so sure since I'm getting mixed reviews from other G3 users at the Play Store.

EDIT: I bought it since I was curious lol. I'll report back after a couple days of running this app and see how it affects battery and how well it does adjust my brightness setting. So far though, I like what features it has to offer and how my G3 now reacts to my study lamp.
I can say yes to better battery life, but the real benefit is that since you can set custom profiles based on the amount of light the sensor gets, it saves so much time from having to manually adjust.

I currently use the free version, actually. But thinking about buying it, because it's so useful.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I can say yes to better battery life, but the real benefit is that since you can set custom profiles based on the amount of light the sensor gets, it saves so much time from having to manually adjust.

I currently use the free version, actually. But thinking about buying it, because it's so useful.
I haven't really tinkered with the profiles since I've put it into auto and adjust on wake; and yes I can see the benefits for the battery based on how it adjusts the brightness of my phone. I must say, it works pretty darn good, worth it.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what the little "c" means on the L version brightness slider when you toggle the lower button a few times?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon