How do I get my phone out of a Fastboot mode started?

vicvoss

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Phone stuck in "Fastboot mode started"

Title says it all. Was in the process of restoring the phone to factory settings (was rooted), and something went wrong and now it won't even let me boot to recovery. The phone is only softbricked, however, because it I hold power+volume down x2 it allows me to enter the factory hard reset menu. Unfortunately, the menu does nothing, because after choosing either option it goes straight to the "[#####] Fastboot mode started" message, each time with a different number next to it (in the brackets). I've googled for days, tried running adb from my computer but the computer doesn't see the phone, even with the latest drivers. LGFlashTool doesn't help because I can't get into recovery. Help!!

Pic (obvously) is the screen it always goes to. Low quality because of the iphone camera. I really love my G3 and don't want to have to go back to that :'(
image.jpg

Phone is the Sprint G3 LS990

Last edited:

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone stuck in "Fastboot mode started"

I think they should be a thread on xda with instructions on how to unbrick the g3 because after the first few days of having lollipop i was going to revert back to kitkat as i hated 5.0 cause of the 🔋 life but all is ok now i think but anyway when i was looking for how to do it i came across a thread on reverting back to stock/unbricking the g3.. Ill try and find u a link shortly if you want?

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Gotta love how helpful the members are here....nice Carlos!

I think they should be a thread on xda with instructions on how to unbrick the g3 because after the first few days of having lollipop i was going to revert back to kitkat as i hated 5.0 cause of the ?????? life but all is ok now i think but anyway when i was looking for how to do it i came across a thread on reverting back to stock/unbricking the g3.. Ill try and find u a link shortly if you want?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Gotta love how helpful the members are here....nice Carlos!

I think they should be a thread on xda with instructions on how to unbrick the g3 because after the first few days of having lollipop i was going to revert back to kitkat as i hated 5.0 cause of the 🔋 life but all is ok now i think but anyway when i was looking for how to do it i came across a thread on reverting back to stock/unbricking the g3.. Ill try and find u a link shortly if you want?

vicvoss

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

A link would be amazing! Like I've said, I've been searching for the past day or so to no avail. Thanks!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Title says it all. Was in the process of restoring the phone to factory settings (was rooted), and something went wrong and now it won't even let me boot to recovery. The phone is only softbricked, however, because it I hold power+volume down x2 it allows me to enter the factory hard reset menu. Unfortunately, the menu does nothing, because after choosing either option it goes straight to the "[#####] Fastboot mode started" message, each time with a different number next to it (in the brackets). I've googled for days, tried running adb from my computer but the computer doesn't see the phone, even with the latest drivers. LGFlashTool doesn't help because I can't get into recovery. Help!!

Pic (obvously) is the screen it always goes to. Low quality because of the iphone camera. I really love my G3 and don't want to have to go back to that :'(
View attachment 160785

Basic question...have you removed the battery to facilitate a forced reboot?

Posted via my Bloat-Free AT&T G3 Running Illusion ROM

vicvoss

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes. Like I said, booting it (including holding volume up and plugging in a microusb) just brings it to the fastboot started screen.

And yes, I have removed the battery to force a reboot.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I went thru something like this on a OnePlus One... I had switched back from 5.0 to 4.4 and my phone started having random black screens of death. I went to do a total clean start and my phone chose that moment to experience another black screen of death. Things went badly after that.

I needed to use QUALCOMM program to reformat partitions and do a total clean install of everythingl. I think I remember seeing a reference to someone having to do the same thing with the G3. I'll see if I can find the thread.

vicvoss

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

I went thru something like this on a OnePlus One... I had switched back from 5.0 to 4.4 and my phone started having random black screens of death. I went to do a total clean start and my phone chose that moment to experience another black screen of death. Things went badly after that.

I needed to use QUALCOMM program to reformat partitions and do a total clean install of everythingl. I think I remember seeing a reference to someone having to do the same thing with the G3. I'll see if I can find the thread.

a link would be appreciated.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

[FIX] Unbrick LG G3 stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

Try that link. No promises. That wasnt the link I was thinking about, bit similar idea. I'll keep looking.

UPDATE.
Okay, never mind. That thread was dead.

This might be an avenue to check out... Unrelated, but promising

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3/general/guide-flash-to-stock-10b-kdz-method-t2928140

HOWEVER, before you try that... I suggest you go back and try the lg flashing tool again. Uninstall your drivers first. Then, making sure you are running everything as "run as admin", reinstall the drivers as directed... Then reboot your PC before continuing.

Last edited:

vicvoss

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

No luck so far. I can't get the phone into download mode, it just goes straight to fastboot. Reinstalled all drivers to no avail. :(

MAsadKhan1122

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 160785

Hi, are you still suffering this problem ?
I have the solution. Please Reply to Discuss Further. :)
Thanks,
Asad

avinashmishra91

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Download Adb [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [10-22-16] | Android Development and Hacking

Download cwm or twrp recovery Codefire - Downloading /thecubed/lg_g3/bump/twrp-2.8.0.0_ls990-signed.img

install adb on your pc and place the recovery image in the same location where you have installed adb. if you havr installed adb in C/Program Files (×86)/Minimal adb and fastboot then place the recovery image file in the same location

open adb and write this command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP of recovery.img file.
now you can get into recovery mode and flash any stock or custom rom on your device
sorry for bad english??????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome