Onavo count reporting 'Motorola Apps' using large amounts of data

Calvinsmithjhbza

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone assist me please. My onavo report for January shows that there is a background service called Motorola Apps which is using unusually large amounts of mobile data. What is it and how can I stop it? I have an LG G3 which recently upgraded to the latest OS.

Frank de Wit1

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy NOTE1

All just happend 1 hour ago. Time of writing is no 19:39

I have a 500MB mobile dataplan, which resets at the first of the month. I get two SMS's at 18.30.

#1 SMS 'i use more the 80%' - comes in at 18.30
#2 SMS 'i used 100% of my data plan' - comes in at 18.30

Last month i crossed my 500MB limit, which i found very strang, because i am carefull with data. WIFI when possible.. im a tech guy, know what im doing. I crossed it like 90 MB??

So i installed onovo count, to monitor my data usage.

Only 'strange' app the i installed was dropbox, but i put it to 'upload only ony wifi'. I checked the data policy/working just now on dropbox site. It can not be the cause. Cause dropbox will ask for confirmations etc.

Other thing is 'motorola apps', which used 511MB. As i just installed onovo count (and monitored it during the first few days), i have never seen it from feb 1, until today.

I went into the backend of my telecom provider to check what happend and how much. I have used 486MB too much.. at which they want to bill me for €49,44..

Tried to call the customer service.. but they are closed. First this tomorrow.. my phone is off data connection for the moment.

What is going on? And what is 'motorola apps' ?

Im furious now.

Last edited:

bloatedhobo

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I am having the EXACT same issue, apparently it has used 56GB on WiFi in the background over the last 3 days as well as destroying my 500MB data plan. On HTC One M8 (T-Mobile) - recently updated to Lollipop.

Bill Rebey

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem today. This thread seems to have died on the vine with no posted resolution.

Did any of you ever solve this? I'd be very grateful for any insight, as this problem is costing me $15 every 3 days in data plan overages.