LG Customer Support

jcamson

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I unplugged my phone from its usual charger over the weekend and there was a white dusty substance on the charger. I then noticed that the charger port smelled like burning. It appears that the hardware inside the charger port of the phone somehow got singed. The phone still works fine, but the charger regularly comes out or just doesn't charge.

I contacted LG support via chat. The rep was very nice. It is under warranty so they are going to fix it. But I have to ship them the phone, then they fix it and ship it back in as long as fourteen days. I contacted AT&T and they said because it is physical damage it has to go through LG. Obviously two weeks without a phone (which I use for work as well) is crazy.

Has anyone had any experience with LG or this issue? Or AT&T?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Will not AT&T offer you a loaner device while yours is away?

Posted via the Android Central App

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a positive experience when I sent my phone to have the sim card reader replaced under warranty. I had to pay to ship it and they paid to ship back, only took 2 days from when they received it to repair and ship back. Using your RMA to track the status was easy and accurate using their website. The only thing that I did not like about it is they removed my perfectly installed tempered glass screen protector.