My G3 lost 47% battery overnight

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My G3 lost 47% battery overnight to mostly Phone Idle and Android OS.

How can I fix that? On Sprint & still running the ZV4 update on Android 4.4.2 which I don't think is the latest...

Help!

Thanks...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Phone idle is good, but Android OS isn't. Chances are there is an app that is doing it but it's getting reported as Android OS and being lumped in.

If a reboot doesn't fix it, when did this start? What have you recently installed? Work backwards.

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a very similar experience when I first got the phone. Tried everything with nothing working. Finally did a factory reset and that solved the problem. Could go overnight with virtually no battery drain. That lasted for about two months. Unfortunately over the last few weeks it is reverting back and I am thinking I might need to factory reset again. PITA

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 930 once went from 100% to 3% overnight, powered itself off to protect the battery. I think it was a stuck app of a freak kind that I'd unwittingly created. How I laughed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My G3 lost 47% battery overnight to mostly Phone Idle and Android OS.

How can I fix that? On Sprint & still running the ZV4 update on Android 4.4.2 which I don't think is the latest...

Help!

Thanks...

Try turning your WiFi off at night. Prolongs life on my two android pads and lg g3.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Try turning your WiFi off at night. Prolongs life on my two android pads and lg g3.

I actually find that keeping WiFi on increases my battery life, due to where I live.

This heavily depends on how strong your wifi or 3g/4g signal is. If you have a weak 3g/4g signal in your house, it is best to keep WiFi on at all times, as it will take considerably more power to hold a weak signal than it does when trying to hold a strong signal.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
If you don't need data over night, just disable it. Tasker handles it for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC