How do I get my LG G3 to send picture messages?

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
LG G3 Won't Send Picture Messages

I'm extremely irritated at this point, because it's been one thing after the other with my phone. It has more problems than my BMW. The phone's gotten better, but this is still a problem.
I use Verizon Message+ for texting, and my phone says "failed" every time I try to send a picture message. It's really annoying, and from what I can tell, it's a fairly common problem with LG phones on Verizon.
I've tried resetting the app and changing settings, but nothing seems to work. If anyone knows a way to fix it (and I am NOT doing a factory reset) it would be much appreciated.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Won't Send Picture Messages

Hoping to see some suggestions here as well. Very frustrating.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I would try installing a 3rd party text app like Textra. I had issues on my G2 with failed pic messages. Went to Textra and it's all I use on my G3

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I would try installing a 3rd party text app like Textra. I had issues on my G2 with failed pic messages. Went to Textra and it's all I use on my G3

+1. Textra is great. I use it on my G2, and my N5. Never had a problem.:p

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Did you call Verizon? Make sure your number doesn't have text turned off or something. Stop by your closest store and seek help?

jaydiez10

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Definitely try not using that app. The stock messaging is decent. So is Hangouts. I'm in love with Textra. It's great. There are an plethora of great SMS apps in the Play Store.

Posted via Android Central App

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like an issue with your APN settings. Double check everything it seems like there is one setting off.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Me too until I disable WiFi then mms goes through. When WiFi is enabled it disables My mobile data so annoying, Verizon played dumb

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I have problems receiving MMS via Sprint when I have Wi-Fi Calling enabled. I will see a "downloading" message, but the message never actually downloads. Then I turn off Wi-Fi calling and the MMS will come through.

robert4fun0058

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

A tech just made sure the port, proxy, and the mmsc were correct on my G3 and it worked flawlessly after. If I guessing, that if support from your server makes sure these three are correct, it may correct everything, like it did on mine. The phone went from driving me crazy to working like a dream, just making sure these three were correct to the provider. Not the mms proxy or mms port. Just the plain "proxy" and "port", plus the mmsc. I hope that helps. It cures my phone and my frustrations. Good luck!!

Hunter S

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm extremely irritated at this point, because it's been one thing after the other with my phone. It has more problems than my BMW. The phone's gotten better, but this is still a problem.
I use Verizon Message+ for texting, and my phone says "failed" every time I try to send a picture message. It's really annoying, and from what I can tell, it's a fairly common problem with LG phones on Verizon.
I've tried resetting the app and changing settings, but nothing seems to work. If anyone knows a way to fix it (and I am NOT doing a factory reset) it would be much appreciated.

I use messaging and not + it has a yellow icon with a off white message in the middle it was built into my phone hope this helps

ws4590

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Most likely an apn setting or make sure that cell data is working, mms will not work though wifi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463