AT&T LG G3 update (2/10/15) LOLLIPOP!

levoresume

May 1, 2014
Visit site
When i woke up i saw the notification, but don't have enough battery to download it. Did anybody install the update? it's about 600mb

Screenshot_2015-02-10-09-02-52.jpg

Last edited:

jkovacs

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T LG G3 update (2/10/15)

I got the notification too, but I'm going to wait and see how it goes for others. Come on all you early adopters, give us the lowdown.

...Joe K.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

just got the notification and guess im dumb enough to try it cause I clicked update. will let ya know lol.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

went through a part upgrade and now it rebooted and optimizing my 223 apps. this smells like lollipop

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

So I have 5.0.1 installed and at reboot I get a popup saying
"an application requires an update" and it's google play services requesting it.
you click it and it takes you to google play services screen and gives you button to open or deactivate.
opening I don't see option to update and goto google play and there is no update. I guess have to wait for an OTA update?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

oh boy, opening google play services and looking around to see if I can update it and chose some option to verify something has caused my system to lock up. only after 5 minutes it seems to have unlocked and I can move. not liking this...

mottspj

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Got lollipop. Updating play services froze. Went to apkmirror. Com got services 6.6. Now everything seems to be working fine. Big surprise. Didn't know it was coming.

Posted via Android Central App

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Working for me. A big thank you to Google and the Android team for all their hard work, but this new version doesn't really have much in it for me. I think it's getting to be a much more mature operating system where the updates aren't going to be as significant from a general end-user standpoint as they used to be.

One thing I will say I liked? There was no word updates were coming out this week. It was actually really nice just to see it on my phone without having the hype for weeks on end that it was coming.

SickMickUK

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How do I get my network carrier name showing in top left hand corner

What difference is there between 5.0 n 5.01

Posted via the Android Central App

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine has stabilized after I uninstalled google play services and went back to factory version... maybe I got the latest from android police and it didn't like it.

anyhow... all looks to be running normal except my lock screen clock... it's in black font and lines and not white like before so I can barely see it.

anyone else? How do I change the color or where do I go to delete and re add it to my lock screen.

Update: I was able to change the lockscreen clock color back from black to white by switching wallpapers a couple of times

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think i'll wait for more of you to post it works fine before doing the update lol

I'll take a chair and sit right next you as well lol :)

In all honesty, if you have problems after updating you should Factory reset. Should take care of whatever problems you may have. I'll be doing the same since I need to 'clean up' my device anyhow from all the stuff I've accumulated since day 1.

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Just checked my G3 for software updates and it showed "your device is up to date. you may check again in ..."
I checked the software version and it is still on 4.4.2

Is there a direct download option?

How do I get lollipop?

My carrier is Cricket Wireless, a prepaid subsideriary of AT&T. My phone is the D850

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
How is everyone surprised? LG said it was inbound just a couple of weeks ago, lol. Anyway, I'm holding off for at least a few weeks til the dust settles, especially seeing as people are already having issues with it hanging on a Google Play Services update. There's bound to be more glitches that just haven't popped up yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

TNScrambler

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
so I guess I'm an ***** and tried to install the ota even though I'm rooted and have recovery... now I'm stuck in recovery, it keeps boot looping back to it... anyone know how to fix?

Thanks,
Justin

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Well my phone has been acting horribly battery wise lately so it was either do a factory reset or upgrade to Lollipop. Rolled the dice and chose the latter. In the process now. Will report back later when done.

Ramsy

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Google Play Services updated fine for me. However, it did take longer than normal. It probably took 8 to 10 minutes for Google Play to update. During that time, I would get the system message that "an application requires an update." After Google Play updated, I did a battery pull and everything is fine. So, my suggestion is to just be patient with the install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37