Anyone else trying to double tap other devices to wake? ;-)

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto X(2013) for my work phone and I'm constantly double tapping to wake the screen ;-)even though it's not a feature on that phone. I definitely love this feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes....and it's worrying when you start doing it to things other than phones. I can only apologise to my cat.

Let me save you some time....it doesn't work on electric shavers, either.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a G3, but I have a tap to wake on my M8. When I do that to my Nexus, it takes me a minute to figure out why it isn't working.

From an AOSP M8

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've found double tap to wake actually works on my wife. Especially if done on her forehead.

Give it a go (not on my wife. That would be odd)

Seriously though. I have a z10 (shudder), for work which wakes with a swipe up. I Keep doing double tap on it and swipe up on my g3

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem :). When the double tap doesn't work, I look for the power button on the back. It seems like an eternity to finally wake a non-G3 once I'm done tapping and fumbling around for a power button.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^There is an option for disabling the tap-to-wake feature in the Service Menu, if that's of any interest to you....though I believe that the codes for accessing that do not always work with some carrier versions.

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I spent my first 2 weeks on android trying to wake it up by swiping up from the bottom bezel...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463