Think i fixed my battery drain

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So, at various times, my battery would seem to discharge itself. As in, i could visibly watch my battery percentage drop point by point with a full charge dropping to empty after two hours.

AndroidOS would eat almost all of it, with only about 16-20% going to Screen.

I found a reference in a different phone's forum that one possible culprit was a process tired to faulty contact syncing. I deleted the cache and data in my contact apps, then reloaded from Google.

I just took my phone on a long bike ride, screen was on auto (but usually on 100% due to sunshine), running Google Maps, Navigation speedometer, heart rate monitor app with Bluetooth heart rate monitor running, and a streaming music app.

My phone has been running for 4 hours with 30% left. Screen has again been the biggest drain and androidOS battery use has been dropping since my attempted fix.

So, from my perspective, my battery drain has been fixed. I still had enormously better battery life on my old Htc Evo4g with 3500 extended battery (close in size to the G3 battery), but i understand how much the hi-def screen eats on the LG.

Still, does 4 hours of use, with the apps i described running, and 30% remaining sound decent to you guys? (again, it is a VAST improvement over my two hour battery life).

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, until they make bicycle powered generators for cellphones cheaper (I would love a hub generator if it was cheaper), there is not much I can do about running the battery down on a long bicycle ride, but thank you regardless for the advice.

I actually just received (like twenty minutes ago), my new 9000mah ZeroLemon battery, so hopefully my new 1980-sized G3 will never have low battery issues again.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Good luck with the ZeroLemon! Your battery usage sounds fine to me.

I've just gotten my phone down to 0.25% per hour during screen off, which is pretty good to me. I have contemplated getting one of those 6,000 mah batteries with the slightly larger case back. On the fence, though.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If you don't need the navigation have a look at a wahoo rflkt. It shows your cycling stats while your phone can be stashed screen off.

It doesn't show navigation though so if you really need that, forget I said anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: The Contact fix either didn't work or didn't stick. Android Core/AndroidOS continued to lurk and suck battery juice.

I installed a new 9000mah ZeroLemon extended battery, and it was successful in giving me more battery life, but AndroidOS continued to drive me crazy. When I wasn't using the phone, the standby time was great. Using the phone, just awful battery.

Two things might have made a difference recently. I discharged the ZeroLemon battery to below 3% as its instructions tell you to do. At 5%, battery saving mode kicks in, even if turned off earlier in settings. I was still using the phone heavily, but battery drain slowed to a trickle.

However, when I recharged the phone and started using it again today, I still had AndroidOS at around 26% battery usage. So, I dont think that a full discharge did it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Then, I flashed the latest TWRP update (2.8.5). Suddenly, AndroidOS has been dropping faster than the battery. It's currently at 16%. For the first time in recent memory, I have Phone Idle as a battery drain. It's already at 20%.

I think it was the latest TWRP update. Perhaps they fixed a bug, or perhaps I had a bad flash on the previous version.

I'll continue to monitor.. I'm going out on a long bicycle ride later and will try to put my battery thru its paces.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma