Can't receive MMS on cricket wireless.

Corndog Tampon

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Have had issues since day one with receiving any type of MMS from any and all carriers. Came from an iPhone but I have done all the necessary steps to deactivate imessage and all of that good stuff. Guess I'm looking for a manual APN to put into Go SMS manually. I'm rooted so if there's another fix through that, anything is welcome as long as it will fix this issue. Thanks ahead of time!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The fix is to get the proper APN for your carrier for your plan. That's what determines it. Put that into the APN slot in Settings, since GoSMS isn't the only app that's going to need it. (You need the APN to access the internet on mobile data.)

If you're getting an MMS from someone using an iPhone who previously sent one to your iPhone, they have to send you at least one SMS (or MMS) marked as SMS, otherwise it's still being sent as an iMessage (to your current phone, since you disconnected from the iMessage system), and that's a format your phone can't read (because Apple won't let anyone else use their iMessage protocol).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane