Bluetooth Media Streaming

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Please forgive an Old Geezer if I am reprising a subject that has already been discussed ad infinitum; I did peruse one thread re this problem.

My Verizon G3 meets my needs in every way - - except streaming Rhapsody or anything else in my vehicle. It often stutters, pauses and gives me fits. My 2014 GMC Terrain has had its audio system reprogrammed as my dealer did the right thing in a maximum effort to cure this annoying and recurring problem. He even paired it with a 2015 on his lot and the same darn thing happened.

When he paired his Iphone 6 with my car, all was as it should be. The streaming was perfect. When I returned home I paired my G3 with my wife's 2014 Caddy SRX and the stuttering and pausing also occurred.

My question should be obvious. And I am hoping you more youthful tech savvy people in this forum might have a remedy. Is there any thirf-party program, setting modification, etc. that can address this defect? I would be most grateful for any guidance you can supply.

BTW, I have tried turning off WiFi, Location, Hot Spot and just running Bluetooth - - all to zero avail.

Sincere thanks,

Fred in somewhat frozen New Jersey

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone to the carrier and ask if they can fix the problem. (It'll likely occur with a Bluetooth headset too.)

From the very frozen South (it's 23 in North Carolina at the moment - it's not ever supposed to get this cold here.)

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2013 Chevy PU & have the same problem. I even tried to use the USB port - truck display said "device not compatible". On another thread one on the Moderators said that car manufact. think that all people have Iphones. He is probably correct. What I do is connect the phone to the truck with a wire from the phone speaker jack to truck aux. input. Volume is not great, but doesn't bother us because we mostly listen to books on tape and don't like loud music. FYI I am also a geezer, probably older than you.

Rutbat must be faster than me (wasn't there when I posted). I also have Verizon & have a store less than 2 miles away, never thought about they may be able to fix issue.

pigsay

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I think this is a widespread issue. Was happening with my phone all the time. In UK linked to a 2014 model vw golf.

However, since lollipop update and most recent patch (v20h-eur-xx) it seems to have virtually stopped.

I know this doesn't solve the issue, but maybe reassure you that it isn't anything you're doing wrong. I think its just an annoying bug.

Posted via the Android Central App

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It might be your cars. I have a 2009 Expedition and my G3 streams fine to it. Granted it doesn't have the latest and greatest Sync software but the only time it stutters is when the phone is doing something else, i.e. loading a program I pull up, and it doesn't even stutter all the time when that happens.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will help or not, but might be worth a try. Go into SETTINGS/APPS/ALL APPS/BLUETOOTH.

then,
"clear cache"
and
"clear data"

you will have to re-pair any of your previous bluetooth connections/items.

Rationale-perhaps you have a malfunctioning Bluetooth app.

I think it's an inherent software problem because other people have complained as well. Hopefully update fixes problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463