different chargers

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I assume u can use different chargers for the g3. Is like a galaxy note base charger as the cord comes out the side and is a little smaller. Is it save to do that?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Plug the charger into the phone gently, don't force it. (Look at the plug and the port - one side is longer than the other - match them.) If it doesn't go, the plug probably isn't a microUSB plug. (A Galaxy charger is, so it'll work okay.)

The only problem is that if the charger can't put out as much current as the phone tries to draw, it will take longer to charge it. It's like filling a gallon jug with a trickle of water - no harm, just more time than turning the tap on full. If the charger can supply more current than the phone tries to draw, that's fine - the phone draws what it wants. Your 100 Watt light bulb draws about 1 Amp - from your 200 Amp household service - because it only wants to draw 1 Amp. Current isn't pushed, it's drawn. (My main "charger" is a 30 Amp 5 Volt supply with 10 USB ports on it, so I can plug in as many phones as I want at a time. They all charge just fine.)

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I would use the same cord all I'm concerned about is the actual part I plug into the wall. I figured since the galaxy not series has a big battery like the g3 it could handle charging it.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can use any charger that's designed to charge a phone or tablet and has, or connects to, a micro USB cord. As Rukbat said, if the charger puts out less current than the OEM charger, it will take longer to charge. If the charger you're using puts out more current than the OEM, it won't hurt anything because the phone and battery control the maximum charge rate.

All current phones and tablets are designed to work with 5 volt charging circuits, but if you want to use a charger and don't know it's provenance, you might want to be sure it outputs 5 volts. All USB chargers should do so, but it never hurts to be sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1