Won't play music and videos

Iseedogface

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm currently having a problem with my g3 which is running on lollipop. The problem is as stated above, that it can't seem to play any music or video. It will work for a while after I reboot my phone, but after like an hour or two it will go back to its problem saying that it can't play music or video. Please help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ordwynac

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the stock video player? If so, go into the Video app in Apps and try clearing the cache. If that doesn't work you can either try another video player (like VLC) or my personal favorite: factory data resetting the phone (please back-up your stuff beforehand!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to play locally stored music or videos? If so, are they on Internal Storage or the microSD card? Or are you trying to stream the media from a cloud service?

Iseedogface

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys! I used both the stock video player and the mx player that I downloaded from the play store! My videos are stored in the internal storage while my music are stored in my sd card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What format are the videos? Where did you get them--did you rip them yourself, or download them from a movie site, or some filesharing site?

Iseedogface

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the videos from torrent! I cleared the cache and it seems to be fine now! Thanks guys! Will update if there is any problem!