how to show folder(album) in gallery on lollipop

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a folder with some icons that I hide in gallery. I updated one of the pictures and wanted to show it again and gallery will not show it.
If I go into gallery and click on hide/show album that album shows with a check mark. I click on done and it displays something like hide/show was applied. However, the album never displays.

I have tried deleting the album and putting it back and it will not display. But if I change the name of the album in file explorer it shows
Is there any way to get the original folder to appear in gallery?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From your description, I'm guessing (I've never had a reason to hide a folder in Gallery) that all hiding does is put a dot in front of the folder name. (That's a hidden folder in Linux.) And unhiding it should remove the dot. Try using a file manager to find the folder, then - if there's a dot in front of the name (like .Folder), rename it and just delete the dot (or retype the name without the dot). You'll probably have to restart the phone if you don't have an app like Rescan Media before the change shows.

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I did hide a folder and now I can get it to unhide. That is the problem.
I looked at the folder in the android file manager and while hooked to the pc using windows explorer. There is no dot before the folder name, either before or after hiding it.

I tried that media resscan and it just crashes.

Even if I restart the phone, the folder remains hidden. It seems to be tied to the exact folder name when I created the folder and hid it.
The folder is called Icons. I hid it using the hide/show folder option in gallery.
But if I apply the setting again it will not show.

If I change the folder name to anything other than was it was originally, the folder appears. If I change the folder name back to Icons it hides all by itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL