From a G3 to an S6 Edge???

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me just say that the s6 Edge is beautiful. Very premium device with front and back glass and metal. The edge is a gimmick but it sure looks nice. 2k display plus that brightness! I don't really care for lack of SD card cause I stream with rhapsody and have 50gb free with At&t Locker plus Google Drive with 15 gb...

My major setback is Samsung's touchwiz even though they said it has been toned down. I hate it! And I love LG's ui...

Guys, I think I'm going with Sammy in 2015....
You???

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Personally i would never go to Samsung. LG won me over, can't wait for successor to the g3!

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you would be willing to go down in screen size for relatively the same sized phone. Look at the dimensions.

Personally I think the Edge model looks dated. The normal S6 looks nice but the design is tiresome. It's exactly the same thing as all the other galaxy models. Plus a fingerprint magnet back prone to cracking like the iPhone 4.

You should wait for the other flagships to be announced.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I need to see the LG g4 before I make that decision. The glass and metal are beautiful Idk what g4 has in store but the non removable battery and no sd slot in the s6 May be a deal breaker...

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you would be willing to go down in screen size for relatively the same sized phone. Look at the dimensions.

Personally I think the Edge model looks dated. The normal S6 looks nice but the design is tiresome. It's exactly the same thing as all the other galaxy models. Plus a fingerprint magnet back prone to cracking like the iPhone 4.

You should wait for the other flagships to be announced.

Agreed. Nothing beats these small bezels and screen size. The only thing pulling me to potentially get the s6 is the metal and glass build. But I have to see the g4 first. G3 is hands down best phone I've ever owned and I had all Apple phones and Samsung phones...

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I too am waiting for possibly the g4. Looked at the m9 but going down in screen size isint something I'm wanting to do from my g3, best phone I've ever had BTW.

Posted via the Android Central App

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Nothing beats these small bezels and screen size. The only thing pulling me to potentially get the s6 is the metal and glass build. But I have to see the g4 first. G3 is hands down best phone I've ever owned and I had all Apple phones and Samsung phones...
I agree... The g3 is my best phone till date. I just Love LG's Ui. But that sa6 edge tho! Beautiful...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The edge in emerald green looks great, but my G3 has been so much better than my note 3 and S3 before that. If you like the G3, do yourself a favor and see what the G4 is all about before making any rash decisions

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'll be switching to the M9 in the spring. No removable battery and no MicroSD card is a non starter for me on the S6

tdr01

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Me personally the G3 and upcoming G4 is a better overall phone. The Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge doesn't have a removable battery or SD card memory slot. I like habing a replacement my battery and putting a mirco sd card in my phone. To me these are 2 things I value in a phone besides the overall performance of it

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have nothing against Samsung phones. I think brand loyalty is a silly thing. The G3 is, I feel, a better phone than the S5. Whether the G4 will be better than the S6 remains to be seen. Let's see how they actually work in real life, in the hands of real users.

That said, I don't consider a fixed battery to be an improvement, although I'll wait and see what battery life is like before calling that a show-stopper. I'm surprised at how rarely I need to charge my G3's battery during the day, and I've only had to use the extra battery LG gave me one time. I'm also worried about how much the high RAM versions of the S6 will cost compared to the cost of an SD card.

In truth, I doubt I'll buy an S6 or a G4, or any other of this year's phones. The improvements just aren't going to be that significant to daily use. The S7 and G5, and will be bigger jumps.

Me personally the G3 and upcoming G4 is a better overall phone. The Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge doesn't have a removable battery or SD card memory slot. I like habing a replacement my battery and putting a mirco sd card in my phone. To me these are 2 things I value in a phone besides the overall performance of it

And how do you know the G4 will have a removable battery and SD slot?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I got my G3 for $1 on contract. $1. The ETF is a declining $375. The G3 has an SD card and removable battery and works great with Lollipop too. Nope, not getting an S6 Edge this year.

📱6+🐙

tdr01

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So far theses are the specs I keep getting from other sites

Attachments

• 73455.jpg
    73455.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 137

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife has always had Sammy devices and she's lost using her G2 now. She's so lost, that I'm thinking of getting her a used Sammy G whatever.

I've been using the LG for so long now, that I get lost using her Sammy phones. Nothings in the right place in my opinion.

So, thoughts? Why are you switching? Are you having problems with your G3? Or are you just enamored with a newer phone? I did this route last year (except the Sammy part.) After several phone switches, I came back to the G3. It work perfectly and the pother phones all had problems for me. So, I recommend against switching. I spent a lot of dough last year only to end up back where I started.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife has always had Sammy devices and she's lost using her G2 now. She's so lost, that I'm thinking of getting her a used Sammy G whatever.

I've been using the LG for so long now, that I get lost using her Sammy phones. Nothings in the right place in my opinion.

So, thoughts? Why are you switching? Are you having problems with your G3? Or are you just enamored with a newer phone? I did this route last year (except the Sammy part.) After several phone switches, I came back to the G3. It work perfectly and the pother phones all had problems for me. So, I recommend against switching. I spent a lot of dough last year only to end up back where I started.

It seems like the only real difference I notice in G3 and Sammy devices is in the settings menu. Otherwise I use 3rd party launchers on both. I don't spend enough time in the settings menus to have it affect my enjoyment of the device but, yes, Sammy and LG menus look quite different. To me the difference is pleasant though.

📱6+🐜

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I loved my S2 back in the day and I'll admit the S6 is the first Samsung device to really tempt me again. I think I'll wait and see what the G4/Z4 look like before making any final decisions.

lassemk

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't quite understand why some people upgrade their phones every year and if you do upgrade, why not wait till half of the price has dropped? That mean like you would have to wait around half an year which is not that long time eh..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781