Updating Contact Photos?

reid101mills

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated to lollipop, and i have been trying to update some of my contacts photos, but the message "Can not open, please try again" keeps popping up. How can i fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are those contacts associated with your Google account, or the Phone account? If they're in your Google account, then it's easiest to change their photo on the Google Contacts website on your computer. Then the photos will sync automatically with the phone.

If they're Phone account contacts, then try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Contacts and Contact Storage, and Clear Cache. Now try again. I would also recommend you consider transitioning your contacts to your Google account, because Phone account contacts don't get synced anywhere--so if you lose them, they're gone for good.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Open your Contacts. Select the 3 dots at top right of screen to bring up the Contacts app's menu. Select Manage Contacts, then Import/Export. Then select to Export to internal storage. A file containing all your contacts is stored on your phone. You should now be back at the Manage Contacts menu. Select Import/Export again, this time select Import from internal Storage. When the Save contacts window displays, select your Gmail Account. This will import, and link your existing stored on phone contacts with a Gmail equivalent. If you voted each contact. Each contact will have a little phone icon, and a blue G icon. I have all my contacts stored in Gmail, as well as my calendar events. If anything happened to my phone, I can login to gmail.com to view either contacts or my calendar. This also helps if you have an Android Tablet. If you used the save Gmail account between the tablet and your phone, they will sync; so will your calendar entries.

Posted via the Android Central App