Why can't people calling me hear me?

Steve Whisenhant

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Call quality - other person cannot hear me

My T-mobile LG G3 has been working like a champ for many months. Now, call quality for person to whom I am speaking is very poor. It sounds like there is very faint speaking that drops in and out. This happens both on bluetooth and off, but is worse on bluetooth. There is no physical block to built-in or headset microphone. I know this because can record voice memo and do 'OK Google' dictation with ease. VOIP calls (Google hangout) are ok given my WiFi bandwidth.

T-mobile tier2 support tried to sell me on notion that lollipop might fix me (based on www_androidauthority_dot_com/lg-g3-problems-517832 ) but I'm skeptical and jumped at the offer of a handset replacement. Any other ideas out there?

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Call quality - other person cannot hear me

I had the same thing happen yesterday actually to me, though I'm on Verizon. After doing some research, i disabled Google Now on any screen (appears to have caused issues of a similar nature with other phones), and i've disabled Voice Enhancement and Voice Privacy in call settings. Has been fine since....

GWitek

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Simply amazing! I was going out of my mind with this problem.
One simple setting to fix the bug introduced by the latest update of Google Now.
Dang. Done.

Thanks!

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Mine was bad called Verizon sent me new phone

Posted via the Android Central App

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

Was having the same problem. Turned off OK Google from any screen and everything seems fine.

Thanks for the information!