Anyone know how to root the LG G3 T-Mobile?

A

AC Question

Anyone know how to root the LG G3 Tmobile

Anyone know a root for the tmobile lg g3 with the latest updates?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone know how to root the LG G3 Tmobile

What version firmware are you on? Go to settings-about phone-firmware. Some of the exploits got patched, but there are work arounds. Once you get your version, go to XDA Developers forum and find the T-Mobile G3 general board... That will have the most up to date methods.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Software version is D85110r Build number is KVT49L.D85110r
I tried stump root, that didn't work.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to root to install Cyanogenmod because its already on Lollipop. But if anyone knows if lollipop will be released to the phone any time soon Ill just wait. Because that'll probably be more stable than cyanogen

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

5.0 for the T-Mobile G3 is still in development. No time frame given. But why the rush? I'm a big nexus fan, but the G3's 4.4.2 UI isn't all that bad. My wife has one and it doesn't get on my nerves when I have to fuss with it. If you are going to root, try out Xposed and use the G3Tweakbox module.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I just want lollipop faster, I had it on my Galaxy tab s and it was cool. For wanting to root I want to root my phone so I can uninstall all the random bloatware that eats resources.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Oh. And one more thing.. you said your wife has the G3, Look on her phone and see if the photo gallery has photo edit tools.. I wanted to edit a photo but nothing? Could always download one.. but I found it weird there's no stock one at least I don't have one on my phone.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I figured out where the photo edit tools went.. Apparently if you disable Google Plus they just stop working? I'm using google's app called snapseed for editing photos now, as I don't want google plus. Google plus = stalker/annoyance. Lol

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

5.0 for the T-Mobile G3 is still in development. No time frame given. But why the rush? I'm a big nexus fan, but the G3's 4.4.2 UI isn't all that bad. My wife has one and it doesn't get on my nerves when I have to fuss with it. If you are going to root, try out Xposed and use the G3Tweakbox module.

Not exactly. As of a few days ago being tested by T-Mobile. So likely 5.01 or 5.1 will be available within weeks.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I've been running CM12 on my TMO G3 for a while. While I can't speak to stock 5.0, in general it runs fatser and longer than it did with stock KitKat. I also don't have all the added LG software installed (I do miss the IR remote, though).

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I've been running CM12 on my TMO G3 for a while. While I can't speak to stock 5.0, in general it runs fatser and longer than it did with stock KitKat. I also don't have all the added LG software installed (I do miss the IR remote, though).

I love the IR remote...since the remote on the TV broke a few weeks ago (3+ years old just died)! If I root I'll keep the stock ROM. Not so bad.

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

So with CM 12 you notice better performance than on stock?

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Hi tardus, I installed CM12 to my LG G3 (After backing up the stock rom of course).. Anyways after installation I noticed that I don't get the 5ghz band for wifi? Also the camera seems to suck now! It was great on stock.
Ill see if I can find a download for the stock camera app... But I just wanted to know if you had the problem I have with no 5ghz wifi band

kmaster12345

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Hi tardus, I installed CM12 to my LG G3 (After backing up the stock rom of course).. Anyways after installation I noticed that I don't get the 5ghz band for wifi? Also the camera seems to suck now! It was great on stock.
Ill see if I can find a download for the stock camera app... But I just wanted to know if you had the problem I have with no 5ghz wifi band

If I run into to many problems Ill just use my backup and revert back to stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37