Screen turns off.....

fliptong

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody experiencing screen turning off when blocking the front sensor next to the front camera? I had my G3 for 6 days and I started to notice today that every time my finger hovers over that sensor the screen will turn off. Any fix on this?

Posted via the Android Central App

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody experiencing screen turning off when blocking the front sensor next to the front camera? I had my G3 for 6 days and I started to notice today that every time my finger hovers over that sensor the screen will turn off. Any fix on this?

Are you on Lollipop or KitKat?

fliptong

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
After having my G3 for 2 days i got a notification for an update to lollipop. I dont want to upgrade to see how the performance is but it updated itself automatically to lollipop.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

That is the proximity and light sensor at work -- it is a feature (not a bug) to prevent pocket dialing, save battery by reducing on screen time when the device is not being used, and to shut the display off while making calls.

That said, since you find it annoying -- I think there is a way to disable it via the developer menu. If no one has posted the walkthrough in a bit, I'll see if i can dig it up.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't sound like it's functioning correctly. This should only keep the screen from turning on if it's already off. It should not be turning the screen off automatically like you're describing.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Woops, with that, I think I was hasty in reading the original post. I [thought I had] read that while knocking on, the device would turn on and then turn off (which can happen with a finger is over the sensor).

Does this happen all the time or only while on calls?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae