battery unstable

Neil Smith5

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else suffering from a battery that seems good one minute then poor the next? I am currently getting 9% battery drain while idle but this is sometimes better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else suffering from a battery that seems good one minute then poor the next? I am currently getting 9% battery drain while idle but this is sometimes better.

Do you have any apps constantly running in the background? And how is your signal most of the time? If you have poor signal, that will drain the battery a lot, plus if you have many apps running in the background, that'll just add on to the battery drain.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

Waynezat

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
In my area signal goes on and off, Dolphin browser would restart each time the signal would come back, sometimes 50 times in a very short time. I put it and other programs that I don't use often in hibernation with Greenify and the problem went away.

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My battery occasionally goes nuts. Today it dropped to 16% really quickly and the phone got hot. The Wi-Fi at my job was not working so I had to use 4g but that is still unacceptable. This happened in just over 2 hours or so. I saw no app hogging the battery life either.

Neil Smith5

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I think mines to do with signal then (3 network uk) as its random and i cant see any apps draining to much. Can any thing be done?

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I think mines to do with signal then (3 network uk) as its random and i cant see any apps draining to much. Can any thing be done?

Well if you are in an area with bad signal, and or say your just laying around the house, you can go into settings and click on mobile networks (should be under the "more" tab close to the top) and from there you can choose to use 2G/3G. This will prevent the phone from constantly searching for an LTE signal. If your just laying around, LTE isn't really a necessity, you can most likely get whatever you need done by using 3G.

But if you have bad signal everywhere you are, then the only thing to fix that would be airplane mode until you get to an area with better signal.

If you want more specific details on what exactly is draining your battery, download GSam battery monitor, and then screenshot the battery drain statistics

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My battery occasionally goes nuts. Today it dropped to 16% really quickly and the phone got hot. The Wi-Fi at my job was not working so I had to use 4g but that is still unacceptable. This happened in just over 2 hours or so. I saw no app hogging the battery life either.

You can try downloading GSam battery monitor, it should tell you what it is draining your battery so much.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Gsam very helpful. Yesterday I lost major battery all the sudden. When I checked, 98% of my battery had been used by Pinterest and Facebook. I restarted and so far so good. But it's not the first time it's happened since Lollipop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer