wallpapers and android its still broken ?

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
a long time ago i tried setting a wallpaper to a android tablet i gave up as it was completely broken there is no way to put a wallpaper on an not have it be chopped up and de ressed to looking like crap how come they havent fixed that will it be fixed in lollipop ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the wallpaper is originally the size of the screen it should look good. If you resize a picture, no matter which direction or how you do it (unless you redraw it by hand), the quality goes down. If you put a 480X320 wallpaper on a 1080X960 screen it's going to look like mixed vegetables. Download wallpaper that's the same size (in pixels) as your screen in both directions, and it should look okay. (I change wallpaper just about every month, and all of them look pretty good - but I only download files that are the size of my screen. I've tried other sizes. Unless you want a closeup of the middle of the wallpaper, or a small wallpaper in the middle of a black screen, it doesn't look good resized.)

It's not Android, it's raster graphics. If wallpaper were vector graphics, you could resize it at will and it would look the same. And lag the phone to death.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
tried that anyways i found using wallpapers at 5120x2880 u still have to crop em but they look ok still lookin into this thanks for the help

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
tried that anyways i found using wallpapers at 5120x2880 u still have to crop em but they look ok still lookin into this thanks for the help
You only have to crop if it's larger than the screen size.

Also, it is important to know what app is handling the cropping. I've found that Google Photos is horrible at cropping wallpaper. Gallery works much better.

If you are stuck with Photos cropping your pictures, go into the app from App Manager and clear default settings. This will make your phone prompt for which app to crop with again. Good luck.