Bye G3, hello S6 Edge

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well it's official. Made my pre-order today with Best Buy for Verizon 😎 64gb Black S6 Edge

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Good luck with the new phone! It will be interesting adjusting to all the lost luxuries and smaller screen, but it should be a nice phone nonetheless.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the new phone! It will be interesting adjusting to all the lost luxuries and smaller screen, but it should be a nice phone nonetheless.

The small screen is what kinda kills me, other than that it's perfect though 👌

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well it's official. Made my pre-order today with Best Buy for Verizon 😎 64gb Black S6 Edge

Good luck to ya. I hated TouchWiz so much lol. Does seem like it'll be a great phone tho, but personally I'm waiting to see the g4, the new nexus, and to see what Motorola brings this year. Love my G3 though, beat phone is used by FAR.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear, your going backwards to a lesser phone. Good luck though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lol do you know anything about phones? Every single THING is better on the s6 edge other than the g3 has a slightly bigger screen & maybe the UI is better in some peoples opinions.

Good luck to ya. I hated TouchWiz so much lol. Does seem like it'll be a great phone tho, but personally I'm waiting to see the g4, the new nexus, and to see what Motorola brings this year. Love my G3 though, beat phone is used by FAR.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

I am also waiting for the new nexus phone or the new Moto x. However I don't think Motorola is gonna blown me away but the nexus later this year might 😏, If so I'll get it. I update my phone every 4-6 months so I'm interested to see what comes

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Lol do you know anything about phones? Every single THING is better on the s6 edge other than the g3 has a slightly bigger screen.

I am also waiting for the new nexus phone or the new Moto x. However I don't think Motorola is gonna blown me away but the nexus later this year might 😏, If so I'll get it. I update my phone every 4-6 months so I'm interested to see what comes

The new Motorola's will be headed by Lenovo and I feel like they're going to take a quality hit with the new owner of the company. Although that remains to be seen. I'm basing that off their mistakes with what they did with IBM computers after they bought them.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The new Motorola's will be headed by Lenovo and I feel like they're going to take a quality hit with the new owner of the company. Although that remains to be seen. I'm basing that off their mistakes with what they did with IBM computers after they bought them.

It's usually not the quality of their products that bother me, its the specs. they're good don't get me wrong, But I try to look for the best of the best. that's why I change phones (flagships) so often.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Of course the s6 is going to have better specs on paper right now than the g3, but in real world use that does not make it a better device than the g3,also if you are looking for something better wait for the g4 which by the way is going to blow the doors off the S6. And that is coming from someone that does know something about phones. Believe me when the g4 comes available all the talk is going to be how LG kicked Samsung's *** yet again.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE the Edge. That is a cool looking phone. The reviews are saying TouchWiz is toned down a lot (I use launchers anyway) and that screen is going to kick some ****. We (I) want reports back! :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have despised Samsung for a long time. The S6 Edge feels tiny to me and the sound is meh. I thought the S6 felt much better to hold. The over all build and material quality seem to have made a giant leap forward and that's nice to see...

I currently have the G3, tried the very fluid Flex 2 and am waiting for the G4 before making any decisions but this Samsung has put itself in the running.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Of course the s6 is going to have better specs on paper right now than the g3, but in real world use that does not make it a better device than the g3,also if you are looking for something better wait for the g4 which by the way is going to blow the doors off the S6. And that is coming from someone that does know something about phones. Believe me when the g4 comes available all the talk is going to be how LG kicked Samsung's *** yet again.

On paper? It's real world experience also, All the scores are double as fast as the G3 or more on everything. The G4 may be nice but it's not gonna be metal or glass and I don't want the Snapdragon 810. That's why I went with the s6 edge. There's going to be nothing new that the S6 doesn't have unfortunately. I was looking forward to the g4 but if you want a bigger phone I could see why you would go with that. Other than that I'm disappointed

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing on S6 really interested me to consider switching. What are the reasons you are going with S6?

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on S6 really interested me to consider switching. What are the reasons you are going with S6?

The winner of this comparison is a very easy decision to make – the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. The LG G3 is a great device and it has a very loyal following including me who owns one right now. But you just cannot deny the new 14mm samsung 64-bit octa-core processor which isn't qualcomm, the faster DDR4 RAM and the much faster UFS 2.0 Flash memory. The metal and glass body including the dual curved screen. The camera upgrades – 16mp, wider f/1.9 aperture, ISOCELL technology, and Real-Time HDR shots, the larger 5MP FFC also comes with the f/1.9 aperture, IOS+ & 120 wide-angle lens. It has a much better loudspeaker mounted on the bottom of the device, which is a better placement than on the back of the LG G3. Gorilla Glass 4. It also has a much improved fingerprint sensor that the g3 doesn't even have (PayPal approved), built-in Samsung Pay, heart rate sensor, oxygen saturation sensor, and the wireless charging for BOTH standards. The battery is only 2600mAh, but test have shown it to be excellent and this new Samsung battery will give you up to four hours of usage with only a 10-minute charge. Like I mentioned before the screen size is the only better thing if you like a bigger screen. I'm sure I missed a few things for the specs/features. I wanted a more premium device and the s6 is the best out right now. Plus I own a Tab S 10.5 so my new phone should pair with it perfectly, that's why I ended up going with the s6 edge. I just also like NEW toys :cool:

Last edited:

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well I do hope that you all enjoy the galaxy s6 and that it is a good device, I know as soon as sprint has it my wife wants it, I guess I am just a very loyal LG guy and for me LG phones are what does it for me. I love all the customizing that is available and the screen to body ratio which is insane. Also the ability to have high fidelity music is a very nice option. Keep us informed when you do have the s6 and how it works.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I do hope that you all enjoy the galaxy s6 and that it is a good device, I know as soon as sprint has it my wife wants it, I guess I am just a very loyal LG guy and for me LG phones are what does it for me. I love all the customizing that is available and the screen to body ratio which is insane. Also the ability to have high fidelity music is a very nice option. Keep us informed when you do have the s6 and how it works.

The G4 will be nice, but I don't want a plastic phone anymore. And as for the customization, I use a third party launcher and I usually root all my phones anyway. I will post updated info once I get the s6 edge within the next couple of weeks. 😉

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The winner of this comparison is a very easy decision to make – the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. The LG G3 is a great device and it has a very loyal following including me who owns one right now. But you just cannot deny the new 14mm samsung 64-bit octa-core processor which isn't qualcomm, the faster DDR4 RAM and the much faster UFS 2.0 Flash memory. The metal and glass body including the dual curved screen. The camera upgrades – 16mp, wider f/1.9 aperture, ISOCELL technology, and Real-Time HDR shots, the larger 5MP FFC also comes with the f/1.9 aperture, IOS+ & 120 wide-angle lens. It has a much better loudspeaker mounted on the bottom of the device, which is a better placement than on the back of the LG G3. Gorilla Glass 4. It also has a much improved fingerprint sensor that the g3 doesn't even have (PayPal approved), built-in Samsung Pay, heart rate sensor, oxygen saturation sensor, and the wireless charging for BOTH standards. The battery is only 2600mAh, but test have shown it to be excellent and this new Samsung battery will give you up to four hours of usage with only a 10-minute charge. Like I mentioned before the screen size is the only better thing if you like a bigger screen. I'm sure I missed a few things for the specs/features. I wanted a more premium device and the s6 is the best out right now. Plus I own a Tab S 10.5 so my new phone should pair with it perfectly, that's why I ended up going with the s6 edge. I just also like NEW toys :cool:
Long list but don't see anything that makes me consider as upgrade. The processor in theory would be faster but don't see it making my experience using the phone any better. Same with other features including the finger print scanner. Guess your last comment is the driver, you just like new toys. For me it's all about the screen and battery life. Hope you enjoy the S6.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I like the note edge and 6 edge,but I can't go back to not replacing my battery. I will wait to see what the note 5/edge might bring.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Long list but don't see anything that makes me consider as upgrade. The processor in theory would be faster but don't see it making my experience using the phone any better. Same with other features including the finger print scanner. Guess your last comment is the driver, you just like new toys. For me it's all about the screen and battery life. Hope you enjoy the S6.

It's not a huge upgrade but still a upgrade nonetheless. The processor & specs are somewhat future proof because they are 64 bit. And the screen has 577 pixels with a super AMOLED display, where as the G3 only has around 510 pixels and has the old LCD technology. the battery also might be smaller on the s6 but the processor makes it run more efficient so it's going to be better than the g3 even though it's smaller. The Snapdragon 801 in the g3 struggles with power consumption + performance trying to push that 2k screen and tasks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde