[MEGATHREAD] What is incall UI?

Ferrell Barwick

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I have Verizon samsung galaxy5s. I need help with the incallUI app. It never stops and seems to be recording all my calls... what can I do. My phone stats say I make twice as many texts and call as I really do.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does InCall UI app do?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? I'd guess it has to do with how the phone's interface works while you're in a call. I wouldn't mess with it.

A

AC Question

why so many dwnloaded apps on my android LG2. which are ok and which are not bc exBF hacked me

Ex: key chain, demostub,incallUI, shelli, one time lnit set up, fused location, plug &pop, VPN dialogue, com.lgfota.permission, com.anndroid.sharedstorage, com.anndroid.wallpapercontent.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why so many dwnloaded apps on my android LG2. which are ok and which are not bc exBF hacked me

Welcome to Android Central! Those aren't downloaded apps--they're all system components. Don't worry, they're safe.

kabestoo

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is the use of Incallui app?

I'm having trouble with this and the Funamo parental monitoring app on my daughter's Galaxy S5. Funamo is recording incoming calls that occur after her phone is supposed to be blocked for the night. (ONE, right at the time the apps should be blocked. Not every night but many.) She swears up and down that she hasn't been on the phone, although once I caught her still on the phone well after she shouldn't have been, so I don't believe it. BUT...last night her phone was in my possession and I certainly was not on a call at that time.

Is it possible this is getting recorded as a real phone call but it's bogus activity? Or is her boyfriend linking calls in to her phone or something and it's going on behind Funamo? Her contacts doesn't show these as legit phone calls.

Thanks!
KB

Reactions: Karer09334

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is the use of Incallui app?

Sorry, but I don't think I can help you with that, besides suggesting maybe a different parental monitoring app.

A

AC Question

what is incall UI?

I got a call from a girl and the call ended I got a message on my LG g3 telling me that inCall UI wasnt available. ?? What is this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! IncallUI is the system app that manages various onscreen functions while you're in a call. You never disabled it in the Settings>Apps menu, did you? Perhaps some 3rd party app you installed might be interfering with it. Does this occur frequently?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is the app InCallUI? What does it do?

That isn't a downloadable app... its a core system component related to your phone interface. Are you getting errors messages?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: what dose incallui do

Welcome to Android Central! IncallUI is a system component that deals with the graphic interface when you're actually within a call. How is it not working? Are you getting an error message?

Is this for the LG G2?

A

AC Question

what is com.android.incallui mean????

when I look at history on my phone....what is com.android.incallui mean???? What app is that comes from... thank you for your time!!!

Reactions: Karer09334