chromecast, mirroring

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
When will this feature be available to a g3 when chromecast rolls out cast screen with no wifi needed,also anybody else having a lag problem with chromecast sometimes mine is brutal

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
WiFi will always be needed for Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick or similar gadgets to work.

Your lag problems might be a slow WiFi network. Is your WiFi speed good with devices other than the Chromecast? If yes, check your Chromecast speed with Speed4cast:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=org.libspeed4cast.app&token=H4XVJLmE

The test results appear on the TV screen.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply,Whats killing me is the fact that I have unlimited data on my g3 and I would love to be able to just use that with its hotspot.And my signal was good :65 mbps and said excellent,I'll check it with that link you have me.... Much appreciated

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I know you'll probably laugh but I was watching some tech thing on YouTube talking about lag with chromecast and one thing they suggested was putting a tin foil frame behind it and I did it and for the first time I had absolutely no lag as foolish as it looked.LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome