Is it possible to get LTE band 4 on LG G3 international version?

jinxj

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got an LG G3 D858HK, it's the Hong Kong version/international version. I really like the phone, but I can't get 4G/LTE in the US because of the LTE bands. Is it possible to root/enable LTE band 4 onto the phone? I'm still pretty new to this, just jumped over from the iphone, so I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks. :-[

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got an LG G3 D858HK, it's the Hong Kong version/international version. I really like the phone, but I can't get 4G/LTE in the US because of the LTE bands. Is it possible to root/enable LTE band 4 onto the phone? I'm still pretty new to this, just jumped over from the iphone, so I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks. :-[

Welcome to Android Central!

There is no way to enable band 4 on the phone. The phone does not have it on the chip and does not support it. You can probably use the phone on T-Mobile but you will just be limited to HSPA.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That's why I had to return my international g3. I wouldn't be able to get LTE in Canada either. I hate how carriers force us into getting only their products. As a result, I couldn't get Qi wireless charging. Oh well. Still very happy with my Bell g3

Posted via the Android Central App

jinxj

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

There is no way to enable band 4 on the phone. The phone does not have it on the chip and does not support it. You can probably use the phone on T-Mobile but you will just be limited to HSPA.

Hey thanks for the reply! That sucks to hear...I'm not sure if you could answer this, but do you think any of the US carriers will expand their band coverage to include any of the global bands (1,3,7,etc) or will they probably just focus on what they have now and just specialize their own bands? I heard quite a few of the carriers are aiming to get rid of 3G, and in that case wouldn't my phone be obsolete in a few years?

jinxj

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
That's why I had to return my international g3. I wouldn't be able to get LTE in Canada either. I hate how carriers force us into getting only their products. As a result, I couldn't get Qi wireless charging. Oh well. Still very happy with my Bell g3

That's unfortunate. It seems like everyone else besides North America cover at least some of the global LTE bands. So did you end up buying the carrier version for the full price or were you able to find a carrier version but unlocked?