How do I remove the stock lock screen?

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have Android 5.0 and there is no option to remove the stock lock screen to make room for a third party lock screen application. I bought the mobile with 5.0 Lollipop already installed so I do not know how it was on 4.4 KitKat. I have no carrier bull**** as I am using the D855 international version of the G3. Here is what comes up when I try change the lock screen.

Attachments

• 43450.jpg
    43450.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just find a lock screen you like download and install it. Open the lock screen app and it should have an option to run it on and it will override the stock lock screen.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Most lockscreens you download will not override the stock lockscreen, it will just overlap it and you will have to unlock both the one you download and the stock. Unless you find one that is well made and has the option to make it the default lockscreen then you will not have two lockscreens to unlock.
Sucks you dont have a choice to not have a stock lockscreen, it should give you an option before that screenshot you posted to choose "none".

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Other people with the G3 have the option to disable the lock screen but not me. The third party lock screen I have is Cover, it's different from others and so it interferes with the stock lock. Maybe I'll go search for a different app

frankos39

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
CM locker is the one i use, its clean and it doesn't make you unlock twice.
it prompts you to have it as the lock screen too so you never see your old one unless you disable / uninstall it.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There are apps that supposedly will do this - have no experience with them: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=org.jraf.android.nolock&hl=en&token=wTa7G3ah

I would say - set up a dead simple knock code. You can tap the knock code with the screen off and it will open right to the home screen bypassing the lock screen. If you make the pattern real simple and get used to it you can bypass the lock screen every time and have some security.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I had to get my phone replaced and AT&T sent me a replacement with the update already installed.
I have Lollipop 5.0.1 and there is an option to turn off the lock screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20