Can I get some help with a DLNA issue?

Encrucijadas

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
DLNA issue

I'm trying to access music on my PC via the stock music player and this is what happens..From within the player, tap the top left menu, select "nearby devices" and the DLNA server name is displayed (with it's icon) but the display shows "0 songs" . I've tried 3 different DLNA servers (Serviio, PS3 media server and Windows media player and the result is the same, the phone can see the server, but no content. I should add that both my "smart tv" and my DLNA enabled AV receiver CAN see and play the files shared (99% MP3's) .If I go to settings>share and connect> media server, click menu> use DLNA feature, I can access the content that way, but that is not exactly the way it should work... Anyone have a clue what the issue is ?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: DLNA issue

I'm trying to access music on my PC via the stock music player and this is what happens..From within the player, tap the top left menu, select "nearby devices" and the DLNA server name is displayed (with it's icon) but the display shows "0 songs" . I've tried 3 different DLNA servers (Serviio, PS3 media server and Windows media player and the result is the same, the phone can see the server, but no content. I should add that both my "smart tv" and my DLNA enabled AV receiver CAN see and play the files shared (99% MP3's) .If I go to settings>share and connect> media server, click menu> use DLNA feature, I can access the content that way, but that is not exactly the way it should work... Anyone have a clue what the issue is ?

Welcome to Android Central!

Could it be that from the DLNA server side you need to approve the access for you phone to it?

Encrucijadas

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Well, there is a box (which is "ticked") for "Enable access for new devices" and a setting right next to it for "default access group" which gives 2 options: No restriction (current setting) or Limited access. I can't see anything else

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, there is a box (which is "ticked") for "Enable access for new devices" and a setting right next to it for "default access group" which gives 2 options: No restriction (current setting) or Limited access. I can't see anything else

So you can see the phone is connected to the DLNA server on your computer. Does it give you any options when you right click on the device?

Encrucijadas

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for the slow response....If I understand what you're asking , when I right click on the device in the "server console" on the PC the only thing that happens is a small window pops up that has 2 lines in it: The first shows "device allowed" with a check mark in front of it, the bottom line says "access group" with an arrow pointing to the right, when you mouse over this it opens another window which shows 2 fields : "no restrictions" and "limited access" there is a dot beside the "no restrictions" which seems to indicate that is the current selection , however the whole window is grayed out.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for the slow response....If I understand what you're asking , when I right click on the device in the "server console" on the PC the only thing that happens is a small window pops up that has 2 lines in it: The first shows "device allowed" with a check mark in front of it, the bottom line says "access group" with an arrow pointing to the right, when you mouse over this it opens another window which shows 2 fields : "no restrictions" and "limited access" there is a dot beside the "no restrictions" which seems to indicate that is the current selection , however the whole window is grayed out.

Any update on this? I haven't heard of success streaming from DLNA server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12