Lets figure out this lag issue I hear about

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I here alot of people talk about their laggy G3. I have an att version 3gb 32gb of storage and at least 18gb of that left. I have not noticed any lag on this awesome phone and I am baffled to here about lag since everything I throw at it it just chunks on through lightning fast. I believe it must be happening but just haven't experienced it. I have had this phone from day one when it was available at att. I now have lollipop and the phone works as great as before no better no worse. I run RR3 on it and it is so fast loading and never studders during the game and that game is very taxing on a phone.

Everyone that has the lag issue please post your carrier, software and and hardware variances.

PaulieC83

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lets figure out this lag issue I here about

I had a relatively lag free experience up until about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm beginning to understand what many people were complaining about. There are a lot of helpful users on this forum who I'm sure will be able to help you with the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

What changed on your phone? Any new apps installed software updates? What is your carrier? I wonder if its a hardware issue on some phones?

scott0121

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone I've got an LG G3 D855, my carrier is 3, im running lollipop 5.0. There's a lot of times when I'm closing down apps and going from one page to another I am experiencing bad lag or even when I'm opening certain apps it's taking a good 5+ seconds for it to open is there anything that can be done or would I be better of waiting for the lollipop 5.1 update to come and does anyone know when that update is coming to the LG G3? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I edited this because my comment posted twice, there needs to be a delete button for users.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I have had my G3 since last May from AT&T running KitKat.
I had extreme overheating issues with the first phone and had them send me a new one and got them to credit me $108.
This second one is a little better with heat but still lags and reboots often.
Even with all the tips and tricks for this phone which I have done it still has issues.
I get to the point where I want to throw it across the room.
I still have warranty on it because they also extended the warranty period for it so I might have them send me another one but don't want them to send me one with lollipop installed on it, I guess I will mention it and let them know.

All in all its a really nice phone but doesn't run good, like a car that looks good but doesn't run good.
So that means its not a good car right?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I have an International, unlocked model, D855 that I'm using on AT&T in the US.
I have no problems at all. I'm running 5.0 and my phone is lightning fast, no logs, no reboots, no problems at all.

:)
Fred

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

So when you say extreme overheating issues, what exactly does is do? I ask cause I am baffled we have the same phone cause my G3 has only stopped me from increasing the brightness all the way up when playing a very taxing game. I have only had to reboot my phone once was because of a lock-up, just once never else stuttered and I am heavy user with alot of apps running, Bluetooth to my G watch and to my ear Bluetooth, bbm running and many messages throughout the day. I do completely shut down the phone almost every night and start fresh every morning. If apps take time to load or close maybe its the app and the not the os or hardware issue. Go to recent apps and hit clear all and that will release and refresh some ram so your apps can open new.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

So when you say extreme overheating issues, what exactly does is do? I ask cause I am baffled we have the same phone cause my G3 has only stopped me from increasing the brightness all the way up when playing a very taxing game. I have only had to reboot my phone once was because of a lock-up, just once never else stuttered and I am heavy user with alot of apps running, Bluetooth to my G watch and to my ear Bluetooth, bbm running and many messages throughout the day. I do completely shut down the phone almost every night and start fresh every morning. If apps take time to load or close maybe its the app and the not the os or hardware issue. Go to recent apps and hit clear all and that will release and refresh some ram so your apps can open new.

Well the first one got up to 265F and never showed an overheat warning.
This second one gets up to 211F and only showed my a overheat warning once.
I called today and they are sending me a another one, should get it in about 6 days.
This phone is just too slow for what it is and gets throttled too much.
You have to go into hidden settings and do certain things and it still has issues.
Maybe its my particular phone but it is a little better than my first one.
Hope this third one is perfect.

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Well I hope you get a good one, cause this phone is a keeper, at my work two other people have the g3 one on t-mobile one on att and they have no problems with heat or lag.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Well I hope you get a good one, cause this phone is a keeper, at my work two other people have the g3 one on t-mobile one on att and they have no problems with heat or lag.

Got my replacement already and rooted it, so far no overheating or lag but it came with lollipop installed.
They all start out with no overheating but when you install apps like I do, almost 500 apps then things seem to get a little iffy and seem to cause it to overheat and lag. I test any phones I have and push them to find their limits.

I will see how this new phone I got can keep up, I am slowly installing apps back onto it and will see when I get problems happening.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

500 apps !!
Holy cr*p batman.

:)
Fred

Got my replacement already and rooted it, so far no overheating or lag but it came with lollipop installed.
They all start out with no overheating but when you install apps like I do, almost 500 apps then things seem to get a little iffy and seem to cause it to overheat and lag. I test any phones I have and push them to find their limits.

I will see how this new phone I got can keep up, I am slowly installing apps back onto it and will see when I get problems happening.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
No lag other the occasional home screen redraw lag, no reboots or issues with Lollipop. I do think it gets warm using navigation, but never too hot as others have described it. My Note 4 is MUCH laggier in comparison.