G4 impressions

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
No, the camera is certainly upgraded, as is the display itself - it's supposed to be much more power efficient, but brighter and better colors. Also, I've heard rumors of a new OS - likely built from the ground up on 5.0, rather then the current which is built on Jellybean and upgraded. It certainly is a new phone, but how new remains to be seen. It could wind up being similar to Samsung's S4 vs S5 - It's newer, but really wasn't a whole lot "better". I guess we all have to be patient and wait until the official announcement.

(I'm very curious about it, especially for the display and camera)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The G4 just leaked - with all the information we have to know.

LG G4 micro site surfaces with full device renderings, listed features, and more | 9to5Google

Opinions? :)

I really like the look but I think I won't switch from my G3 - everything is almost the same as on G3. (Battery, camera, memory, no fingerprint, system is same.)

My first concern is typically battery life. It would've been nice if they'd used the slightly larger phone size to accommodate a new, 3300mah power source instead of sticking with the current battery size. So that's a small knock for me. (How much better the display optimizations really help in this area is up for grabs.) Don't really care about the leather, and I'm not one who uses my phone camera all that often, so...in short this device (nice as I'm sure it will be) probably wouldn't cause me to upgrade either. My next phone will either be a nexus six or, when the dev community cracks the note 4, one of those bad boys so I can root and ROM the heck out of that beast.

Posted via my bloat-free ATT G3 running CM12

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it'll be a great phone, especially the camera. But what I'm really looking forward to is the new nexus. That will be a beast of a phone.

I'm gonna stick with my g3 until the nexus is announced.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Slim Arc design - but why? :/

I'm gonna wait for their official announcement, but if the aforementioned is correct, I'll probably just wait it out and stick with my G3.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, if the leaks are accurate, it doesn't look fantastically different from our G3's. So we can keep them and save some money. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I think we will get the LG UX 4.0 soon after the release - that's why I wrote that there won't be any real differences. :)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what people were expecting. It's a significant improvement over G3 if battery life is better and camera and display are as good as LG claims.