Lollipop and App Ops no longer working

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So just finished the Lollipop update on my Verizon G3 and I've run into a little snag.

I was looking for the built in flash light app to the OS and learned that it can be started from Google Now but that's where I ran into a problem....looks like I might have blocked part of the Google App from running.

In the past I liked to keep things from giving away my location and other "private" information using App Ops Starter but since the update today, I'm unable to get things to work properly. I'm able to start the app/settings but when I select the app I want to modify the permissions, it crashes and stops.

Anyone else running into this? I've cleared data and cache on that App Ops Starter but I think that really does nothing as this feature is part of the OS.

And I don't want to restore back to factory but if there is no other way around this, I think this might be my only way out.

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well I just got to work and had a co-worker load the App Ops on his Note 4 and when launched, it crashes right away so it looks like it has to do with Lollipop and not specific to the ROM.

I hope they're able to update that app to work without root like it did in 4.3 and 4.4.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
No I am/was using App Ops Starter. I saw that one last night but I was wondering why it required another app to uninstall it?

And I presume that app requires root?

They don't require another app to uninstall it, they just offer it as a workaround if you don't feel brave enough to delete the apk from the system directory. This is how you can uninstall system apps, since you are locked out of it the normal way.

And, yes. You need root access.

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
They don't require another app to uninstall it, they just offer it as a workaround if you don't feel brave enough to delete the apk from the system directory. This is how you can uninstall system apps, since you are locked out of it the normal way.

And, yes. You need root access.
Ah ok then it won't work as I'm not rooted...not brave enough. But thank you for your help!!

Mark Nemhauser

May 26, 2016
Visit site
So just finished the Lollipop update on my Verizon G3 and I've run into a little snag.

I was looking for the built in flash light app to the OS and learned that it can be started from Google Now but that's where I ran into a problem....looks like I might have blocked part of the Google App from running.

In the past I liked to keep things from giving away my location and other "private" information using App Ops Starter but since the update today, I'm unable to get things to work properly. I'm able to start the app/settings but when I select the app I want to modify the permissions, it crashes and stops.

Anyone else running into this? I've cleared data and cache on that App Ops Starter but I think that really does nothing as this feature is part of the OS.

And I don't want to restore back to factory but if there is no other way around this, I think this might be my only way out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang