I need advice to get a suitable power bank for my LG G3

Amirally

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
As a newbie with power banks, I need an external small, slim, with integrated USB cord charger for my LG G3 to charge it 1.5-2 times with one full charge.
I don't have any other smart phones/tablets but might get a tab in the future though. I came across these two power banks from Anker:
1- Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000MAH.
2- Anker® Astro Slim3 6000mAh Ultra-Slim with Built-in Micro USB Cable.
Both with 2-port USB
I need your advice to choose between them, also I'd appreciate it if you suggest any other product you experienced.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
As a newbie with power banks, I need an external small, slim, with integrated USB cord charger for my LG G3 to charge it 1.5-2 times with one full charge.
I don't have any other smart phones/tablets but might get a tab in the future though. I came across these two power banks from Anker:
1- Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000MAH.
2- Anker® Astro Slim3 6000mAh Ultra-Slim with Built-in Micro USB Cable.
Both with 2-port USB
I need your advice to choose between them, also I'd appreciate it if you suggest any other product you experienced.

i like built-in microUSB cord AND built-in wall prong -

RAVPower® Savior Multi-functional 9000mAh External Battery Pack Built-in Micro-USB connector and AC Plug

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-Mul...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4360779

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the G3 uses a 3000mAh battery, you should charge it when it's down to 1200mAh (40%). That means you need 1.5-2 1800mAh charges. Since you shouldn't discharge the power bank to lower than 40% either, that means that you need a 9000mAh power bank. Anything larger will give you more charges.

I like Anker as a manufacturer - I've never had any problems with their products. They have a 10000mAh power bank for $23. (It doesn't have a built-in charger to recharge it, but you can use your phone's charger - or any cheap 2 Amp charger - to recharge it.)

Amirally

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear from an Anker user, but do you think that 6000 mAh wouldn't be enough?
I like it's slim design and built-in USB cable, I don't like to stuff my pocket with many items, what do you think? And yeah, it's for $30 in Amazon.