LG G3 Anyone happy with Lollipop?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
At home I turn off cell, turn on WiFi. Same at work. On the road I have to turn off WiFi, and turn on cell.

Your phone should do it automatically. When WiFi is on, your phone will not use cellular data, and when you leave a WiFi hotspot hotspot, your phone will be in Tue cellular data, not WiFi. It will all do it automatically.

Posted via the Android Central App

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Your phone should do it automatically. When WiFi is on, your phone will not use cellular data, and when you leave a WiFi hotspot hotspot, your phone will be in Tue cellular data, not WiFi. It will all do it automatically.

Uh, I think you missed the point of the conversation.

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having any issues with short mail codes after lollipop? Anytime I try to send a code to my bank/redbox etc, I get service access denied. I'm on MetroPCS. Never had an issue prior to lolly.

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My phone has definitely gone downhill since the update last week. (I'm on Tmobile and I hear they might have pulled the update due to issues people are experiencing?) My phone is completely laggy and battery life has tanked with charging taking much longer, I drop signal way more often... it honestly feels like my G2 all over again. But I am going to try to do a reset to see if that helps the lag, and get a new SIM card to see if that helps the signal, as there have been many tower upgrades recently and I have heard other Tmobile users say it helped steady their signal as well (iPhone users too, etc). Here's to hoping these things can be fairly easily fixed because I like the look of lollipop and enjoy the new notification system... And if not, I'll probably just get the G4 soon anyways. :D

Ryokurin

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No problems, just annoyances (AT&T) It sucks having to turn down system sounds to stop the 100% charged notification, and it's hit or miss if the notification pull down works, and that there's only room for two on the lock screen.

Nathan_4290

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't think it would be so bad but 5.0.1 from Verizon KILLED my WiFi performance and slowed my web surfing to a crawl. Plus YouTube took 1 min+ to load every time I moved along. Used a forum to manually revert to stock Verizon 4.4.2 (10b) and now my phone's faster than when I bought it (12b). Maybe I'll go back when it's up to 5.1.1.

Posted w/ my LG G3 (REVERTED BACK) to Kit-Kat via the Android Central App

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think it would be so bad but 5.0.1 from Verizon KILLED my WiFi performance and slowed my web surfing to a crawl. Plus YouTube took 1 min+ to load every time I moved along. Used a forum to manually revert to stock Verizon 4.4.2 (10b) and now my phone's faster than when I bought it (12b). Maybe I'll go back when it's up to 5.1.1.

Where can I find that?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

I did the same thing, except I went back to 12b. So, I could get OTA's if and when the WiFi sync problem is fixed.

Nathan_4290

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing, except I went back to 12b. So, I could get OTA's if and when the WiFi sync problem is fixed.

I'm not sure why it took me to 10b over 12b but I had 12b straight out of the box and had some lag issues plus the YouTube app was slow (couldn't watch anything over 720p w/out buffering) but now that I'm 10b my phone is smooth as silk and I watch 1440p videos with zero buffering. Plus I still get OTA. After reverting I immediately had Lollipop cue up in my UPDATE tab and I happily said "no, thank you". I'm kicking around the idea now of rooting & trying Cyanogenmod CM12 instead of stock 5.* and see how that goes, since I now know how to UN-root.

Last edited:

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone happy with Lollipop?

Still bugs. It has some nice features, but some bad one. They need to do some fixes but it appears LG has forgotten about the G3 and moved on to the G4. My next phone will not be an LG, that I can say for sure.

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't even know what's going on with my phone. Updated last night (US Cellular) and I've lost almost all control. Google Play won't open at all. Battery life cut in half. Snapchat just searches and searches without connecting, same with FB. What a mess.

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't even know what's going on with my phone. Updated last night (US Cellular) and I've lost almost all control. Google Play won't open at all. Battery life cut in half. Snapchat just searches and searches without connecting, same with FB. What a mess.

Things are getting a bit repetitive, I don't know why a major OS update brakes phones so often, but do try a factory reset it just might fix all your problems, I am running Lollipop and no issues so give it a go.

hootss

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Some good things. My AT&T G3 tends to lag more now. The biggest thing that drives me crazy is that the swipe style keyboard accuracy has taken a nosedive. Neither the LG keyboard nor Swype work as accurately. Drives me crazy.

grantcool

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone happy with Lollipop?

Not happy. Lost the ability to transfer files easily to computer via the USB cord. Want to go back to Kitcat

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Some good things. My AT&T G3 tends to lag more now. The biggest thing that drives me crazy is that the swipe style keyboard accuracy has taken a nosedive. Neither the LG keyboard nor Swype work as accurately. Drives me crazy.

What about the Google Keyboard? Mine works fine.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo