Android Device Manager Cannot Find LG G3

johnlopez3845

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to locate my LG G3 using ADM. I have already enabled High Accuracy settings but the ADM app on my tablet still says "Unavailable". I have Samsung N2 and N3 that can be located but not the G3. I tried to use the Mcafee Mobile Security which is the built-in AV and it was able to find my phone. I also checked that both Mcafee and ADM are device admins.

Anyone experiencing the same?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
ADM could not locate my G3 either. My phone also didn't appear in my device list in the Play store. It took a factory reset to make it all work.

gcdn

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem! Did you find a solution?

I'm rooted so didn't want to perform a factory reset...

Thanks

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Odd, same here. Running stock on my D850 on At&t. It worked when I used the website though, but the app can't find my G3.

Julie Fuentes

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a brand new LG G3. Android Device Manager says "Location Unavailable" -- I've completed all the steps listed to make this work, but to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 1668623

I don't have any problems with my G3 not being located. ADM finds it within seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 31252.jpg
    31252.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 38

bluezeak

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine did work either - not until Iturned the wifi off.

However, I've noticed something odd. Since I got the Lolipop update, there's a bunch of notifications I don't get until I go onto 4g/disconnect from wifi. gmail 'inbox' updates, some app updates (finial fantasy push notifications), and some other miscellanesous things. I think something is up with google play and wifi, ever since the update.

johnlopez3845

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone now appears in ADM. Just very very weird. G3 is a great phone but not sure why I'm experiencing a lot of issues here. Never had issues with my Note2.