Downgraded from S6

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Exchanged my S6 for the G3 this morning. Really going to miss the S6 but I still think it needs some maturing. That being said, I saved some money and should have no problem when something new and better drops, or of course they squash all of the bugs on the S6.

My question is, I am on T-Mobile and the phone came with 4.4.2. I read that the Lollipop update is available now. When should I expect to be able to download it?

Also, once upgraded, will I be able to enable ART to help smooth out everything or is it enabled by default?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I believe it should be an OTA now, you can check your Settings - Software Update for the Lollipop OTA update.

And yes, ART is the default now.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged my S6 for the G3 this morning. Really going to miss the S6 but I still think it needs some maturing. That being said, I saved some money and should have no problem when something new and better drops, or of course they squash all of the bugs on the S6.

My question is, I am on T-Mobile and the phone came with 4.4.2. I read that the Lollipop update is available now. When should I expect to be able to download it?

Also, once upgraded, will I be able to enable ART to help smooth out everything or is it enabled by default?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I did the same thing. Its not really a downgrade if it's a more stable phone.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You made a good choice, my wife has the s6 that I just got for her and while it is very nice, much better than all the other galaxy phones I still believe that the g3 is a all around better device. But then again I am a LG guy all the way and have always hated touchwiz

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You made a good choice, my wife has the s6 that I just got for her and while it is very nice, much better than all the other galaxy phones I still believe that the g3 is a all around better device. But then again I am a LG guy all the way and have always hated touchwiz

I think that Samsung did a really good job with the S6. I really do. But the innovations made to the device are brand new to the mobile market, and that (historically) always introduces a conundrum of problems for early adopters.

anon(5862363)

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I "downgraded" to G3 from iPhone 6 Plus. Loving it so far. However, battery life on G3 sucks compared to 6+ where I could get 5-6 hours of screen on time.

That said, I'm waiting for G4 and most likely will get that.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I think that Samsung did a really good job with the S6. I really do. But the innovations made to the device are brand new to the mobile market, and that (historically) always introduces a conundrum of problems for early adopters.

There were too many critical issues

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I "downgraded" to G3 from iPhone 6 Plus. Loving it so far. However, battery life on G3 sucks compared to 6+ where I could get 5-6 hours of screen on time.

That said, I'm waiting for G4 and most likely will get that.

Agreed. Haven't really read up on the G4 until I got the G3 and it looks like a killer device.

jigna27

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What issues were you seeing on the s6? I've had the g3 before and picked up an s6 yesterday. The s6 (imo) is probably the first phone I'm more than happy with in all fronts - performance, camera, and twiz is finally stepping aside and not so in your face. I've installed action launcher 3 which I was using in my previous phone (xperia z2). I switched phones 4 times last year and I can honestly say I'll probably stick with the s6 a while.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
What issues were you seeing on the s6? I've had the g3 before and picked up an s6 yesterday. The s6 (imo) is probably the first phone I'm more than happy with in all fronts - performance, camera, and twiz is finally stepping aside and not so in your face. I've installed action launcher 3 which I was using in my previous phone (xperia z2). I switched phones 4 times last year and I can honestly say I'll probably stick with the s6 a while.

Battery life, wobbly home button, carrier inconsistencies that led to important options being removed (such as the option to disable the touch button lights on the T-Mobile variant), etc.

I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon and bash the phone into the ground because I truly do think it's a great device. I just wanted something that's been in the game for a while and has had it's kinks worked out. It also saved me a ton of money that will make it easier to upgrade later on this year when more flagships hit the market.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The phone has amazing specs but faulty where it counts:
Battery was worse than this one
Wi-Fi wouldn't work right
Glitches when scrolling.
Camera would act up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835