My LG G3 encrypted itself. Any solutions on how to get though to the password?

ouyangchris

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My lg g3 encrypted itself. Any solutions on how to get thought the password. I didn't have one

I was just watching netflix when my phone suddenly restarts by itself. At first the reset let me go through, then it restarted again. This time a white screen popped up asking for a pin/password to decrypt. I never had a password because I used a lock pattern. Now I tried everything to get to my phone, but it just stays on the same white screen asking for a passcode.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: My lg g3 encrypted itself. Any solutions on how to get thought the password. I didn't have one

I was just watching netflix when my phone suddenly restarts by itself. At first the reset let me go through, then it restarted again. This time a white screen popped up asking for a pin/password to decrypt. I never had a password because I used a lock pattern. Now I tried everything to get to my phone, but it just stays on the same white screen asking for a passcode.

Encryption doesn't happen all by itself. You have to go in and ask for it, and then confirm it more than once. I've never heard of this happening before.

There is no way to bypass it. You have to put that passcode in or it won't boot. That's the point of encryption, to protect your data. If there were a way to bypass it it wouldn't serve its purpose.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: My lg g3 encrypted itself. Any solutions on how to get thought the password. I didn't have one

That's what a stolen phone does when the owner encrypted it. Maybe ask them for the password.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

What Kevin said is right, you must have done it and messed up or forgot the password or what clock said.
A new user with one post being how to get passed encryption is suspicious and you might have just found or stole it.
Nothing you can do.

ouyangchris

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

For your information, why would I want to steal someone's phone. The only reason why I joined is to seek an answer to get help. If your trying to bring negativity, then you should not have commented. I'm being honest, my phone really locked me out.

Waynezat

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

The only thing you can do would be to bring it back to where you purchased it.

540Kicks

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

I also created an account for this matter (yes it's shady to have a new account for this, but it's all I can do) and this happened to me too. My G3 which had been working fine for months suddenly encrypted itself without my consent and won't let me in. I've tried every password I use and none have worked. I tried every individual letter on the keyboard in case it rubbed against something in my pocket or something like that, but nothing has worked. Need it unlocked ASAP and might not be able to get to Best Buy anytime soon to get it bypassed. Is there any way to unlock it or figure out the password?

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

You could always do a master reset to factory specs - of course, you'd lose everything you have. But assuming that you are a conscientious phone user and back up your data every so often, you can re-store whatever you lose.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with the other commenters. Encryption doesn't "just happen". Something had to trigger it - whether you initiated it, or it was initiated as theft protection, or someone hacked into your phone/Sim to control it...

Allison Mcpike

May 2, 2015
Visit site

I had just gotten the Lg G3about two months ago and my phone did the same thing to me... I also noticed that it says 30/30 attempts remaining; and no matter how many passwords are tested the number only goes down to 29/30 and then stops. I had called the Lg tech support and they said the best thing they could do is work on it or send me a new one, kind of sounds like that is the only way to solve this problem from my findings! Hopefully someone can find a solution but to all of you just as confused as I am; this is not a password that the owner sets; I believe it may be linked to some kind of virus or something

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

No worries... If the phone is your and you enabled device manager.
Go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
and when it locates your phone, go to the lock option and put in a new password.
Viola! Now you can access your phone with the new password.

bryc3v

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Found a solution.

Remove the battery.

Put the battery back.

Turn it on.

Wait for few seconds (mine keeps making a knock knock sounds with 2 or 3 seconds interval)

Put in the pin (phone still making a knock knock sounds with 2 or 3 seconds interval)

Keep the phone screen on by tapping the screen.

Viola it worked!

camjdog1

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone also encrypted itself.
i was playing clash of clans and i finished an attack in the clan war. I put it in my pocket 20 min later i took it out of my pocket and it was the white screen you have and i needed a pin to decrypt. I cant turn off my phone to hard reset it. every time i turn it off it turns back on. so it sucks i lost all my photos and contacts but i am ordering a new phone. I have a g3.

fnused

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I've had my LG G3 for about a year and mine did the exact same thing. I have an active at&t account and go the phone from the store in the original box. I checked the time on it before going into work and within 2 hours later the next time I woke it up I saw the white page with the 30/30 attempts left. I'd try a password/pin and it would go to 29/30 but never any lower. If I hit the back arrow at the bottom it would go back to 30/30. I've tried taking the sim card out and the battery out. I've tried holding the lower volume button when the at&t symbol is loading upon the phone turning on and all it does is take it to SAFE MODE; but the white screen with the 30/30 and enter pin/password to decrypt still stays.

mnnit_yg

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

I also had same problem , i tried calling ATnT and they connected me to LG , LG said they have not even heard about it and as my phone is out of warranty (15 months), they cannot do anything about it.
Finally i showed this phone to a local cellphone repair shop in India, and they found it was a problem with numerous pattern incorrect entries , called as pattern lock and it can be undone by software unlock, no factory reset. Just few bucks.

madsric

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
well, folks, I had encrypted mine, I do know that. I work night shifts and my thinking is not always as sharp as I'd like... So when I turned it off one day and it asked for a PIN/password when rebooted, I couldn't for the life of me remember what I had chosen. I was down to 8/30 attempts! Then I read your blog and somehow figured out it was my lock screen PIN that I was after, not some other one. It worked! Voilà!

anon(8413042)

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I was watching HBO and the phone restarted and it didn't encrypt but the settings was changed, so I had to change ringtone etc. back again. Never happend before and it feel strange.

Kenrp

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Just had the "locked out" problem on my G3.
Followed the advice here and did a factory reset, but was still asked for the pin code after that.
Tried a few numbers until it asked me for the PUK code.
Called my phone company (Virgin) and received the code, all up and running in minutes.
Unfortunately, I had followed the advice here and lost everything due to the factory reset.

DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET.

Just get your PUK code!

Avery14

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I've had my LG G3 for about a year and mine did the exact same thing. I have an active at&t account and go the phone from the store in the original box. I checked the time on it before going into work and within 2 hours later the next time I woke it up I saw the white page with the 30/30 attempts left. I'd try a password/pin and it would go to 29/30 but never any lower. If I hit the back arrow at the bottom it would go back to 30/30. I've tried taking the sim card out and the battery out. I've tried holding the lower volume button when the at&t symbol is loading upon the phone turning on and all it does is take it to SAFE MODE; but the white screen with the 30/30 and enter pin/password to decrypt still stays.

I am dealing with the same exact issue. Did you ever get the problem resolved?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad