Should I upgrade?

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon G3 here and I've been wondering if I should upgrade to Lollipop... I have very mixed feelings as to whether I should or not. Should I wait? Or should I make the jump? I get around 6hrs of SOT with my phone right now and I really don't want that to change.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The answer is "it depends".

I have a G3 through Sprint & my upgrade went fine, there are lots of people who are happy with the update but also many who aren't. My son has a G3 on Verizon & since I've read about several Verizon G3 owners who had/have issues with wifi & not getting notifications since updating, I advised him to wait a bit.

So, it depends.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I Have the G3 on Verizon. If you are happy with KitKat there is really nothing in Lollipop that exciting . I did do the update and I used to get maybe 3-4 hours of SOT after 15-17 with less than 20% left, as of now I get 2-3.5 after 17 hours with 30% left. last night I looked at it and was at 52% after 19 hours with 2.5 SOT. There is a problem with hangouts over Wifi and some other apps not updating really annoying . But that is the only complaint I have . The phone feels smoother and have not had any lag what so ever. Besides the wifi thing the update is fine for me at least . But as for features gained I am not seeing it but I also have only had lollipop for 5days and had the phone since launch.

Waynezat

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
G3 with Verizon, no problems that I can detect after the update. Wifi is fine, I live and work in an area with spotty service and I see no change. Hangouts has never worked that well for me so I can't say on that, don't use it. I have no regrets on the update.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you are going to upgrade to the stock Lollipop version, I would almost bet you will lose SOT from your 6 hours. That's what I have been able to push with mine on stock battery, and I'm running a custom AOSP ROM.

Sounds like you are happy on KitKat and have no real reason to update except for the sake of updating.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The google sync with wifi problem on Verizon is the only issue I've had. But, you actually get very little lollipop because of the LG skin. So, if I had known then, what I know now, I would have waited until the google-wifi issue was fixed in a future update. Assuming LG/Verizon are going to fix it.

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll be waiting for an update to fix the current bugs then. I feel like I would be losing more features rather than gaining by updating right now! I love my battery life.

mlg2919

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be waiting for an update to fix the current bugs then. I feel like I would be losing more features rather than gaining by updating right now! I love my battery life.

I agree!!! SD card problems, SMS issues, Google issues, battery drain, I will wait, happy with KK.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Verizon G3 here and I've been wondering if I should upgrade to Lollipop... I have very mixed feelings as to whether I should or not. Should I wait? Or should I make the jump? I get around 6hrs of SOT with my phone right now and I really don't want that to change.

yes u should upgrade becuz kitkat is severly outdated and lollipop has all the new security fixes n udates ur phone needs

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I will wait until VZW releases at least 1 patch and probably 2. Their new version of software never works perfectly. They use us to find the bugs and then fix them with later updates. You do not need to update right now, if you're happy with your phone. There are no security issues that have to be fixed right now and KitKat is not severly outdated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12