Allow update LG G3 Verizon?

DaveyDavid

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
After reading some of the horror stories of this update on 4.21.15, I am wondering if I should disallow this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting too. I'm reading that there is an issue with Google account update over WiFi.

Waynezat

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have not had any problems since the update. The download and update took about 45 minutes. Did one reboot after the update. Updated Google Services because several apps required it to be updated, after that no problems in the last 5 or 6 days that I can recall.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
After I did a factory reset it has been Smooth sailing for me. Before the reset not so much.

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset after update solves all issues except for the notifications over WiFi bug for most folks I've read here. I've haven't had any issues again, after reset.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
FDR should be manditory after an update of this magnitude. I really don't understand why the big 3 don't require it when they send out a major update. They should just build it in, and of course warn people prior to.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you imagine the outcry from ordinary users if they were forced to FDR after an update??? Now maybe if Android had a cloud-based complete device restore mechanism like iOS, then yeah. But with the very incomplete and user unfriendly restore mechanisms available in Android, this is a complete non-starter.

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
Everything has been running fairly well for me. Some apps have been loading slowly (Instagram for instance) but the biggest difference I have noticed is my battery life has been affected big time, and not in a positive way.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine the outcry from ordinary users if they were forced to FDR after an update??? Now maybe if Android had a cloud-based complete device restore mechanism like iOS, then yeah. But with the very incomplete and user unfriendly restore mechanisms available in Android, this is a complete non-starter.

Well, it should at least be an option. IE: You install a new version of Windows. It gives you the option to reformate, or keep your data. Everyone knows if you keep your data you'll have problems. It should be a recommended action prior to install IMO.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Don't update, isn't worth it. Wish I could go back to Kit Kat. At least with KK I could get close to getting through the day without charging, not even close with Lollipop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez