Is it possible to revert back to old update?

doowopmario

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and on Saturday I was prompted to install lollipop and i did and I regret it. Is it possible to uninstall it and go back to what I had before? Do I have to call Verizon and request that from them?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can not rollback the software. Your only option would be to flash an older firmware, but that's usually not recommended as it can brick your device if you don't know what you're doing.
Any specific issues you're having with it?

doowopmario

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can not rollback the software. Your only option would be to flash an older firmware, but that's usually not recommended as it can brick your device if you don't know what you're doing.
Any specific issues you're having with it?
Bummer. Yeah, a lot of little perks are no longer available like remembering my login information when logging into my works network, or the recent apps screen not showing all my apps in a 3x3 format, now it's a rolodex style format. Also my outlook email no longer works.
Those are the main issues.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Flash back to older version is really your only option if you must go back to KitKat. But first, have you tried resetting the phone? You'll lose everything, so back it up, but most of the time an FDR will fix those weird problems.

If you can't take it and you must go back, read through this thoroughly and remember, if you brick it, it's not our fault.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/499604-vs98512b-10b-back-12b-but-rooted.html

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I am on Verizon and on Saturday I was prompted to install lollipop and i did and I regret it. Is it possible to uninstall it and go back to what I had before? Do I have to call Verizon and request that from them?

I had issues after the lollipop update. I factory reset and took the time to setup my phone like it was. Now it runs better than kit kat. I know you shouldn't have to do this. It should have been a smooth transition.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk