new lg g3 with lollipop?

db_g

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
my father got me a new lg g3. from a normal store.
i told him that i would turn the phone for the first time. but he didnt listen to me and turned it on. i was not next to the phone . he says that there was some updating process going on for 5 minutes. the date on the battery is 2015/1/15.

i now have lollipop on the phone. without doing anything with it. did i got a used phone or what? the box was closed like i see on unboxing videos(youtube)

isnt the download process for lollipop very long?

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
New G3s very well could have Lollipop out of the box. That 5 minute startup was probably just the "Optimizing Apps" part.

(my new G3 came with Lollipop)

db_g

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
wow. my father told me that there was some text ''optimizing apps'' .

is there a way to find out if somone used the phone? the loks very clean. no fingertips or any signs that it was used. but i find it impossible that LG would still make phones and install llolipop on them.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Why do you find it impossible that "LG would still make phones and install Lollipop on them" ?
- LG still make phones
- Lollipop is the current rev. of Android now.

If the box was factory sealed and all, it's most certainly new.

Fred

Fred

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my G3 20 days ago, and the manufacture date was February 2015. It had KitKat loaded out of the box. Six days later, it updated OTA to Lollipop. It is likely that your phone was new, and that it just updated to LP when first connecting to the wireless network.

I would not be surprised to find that phones manufactured or packaged after the G3 LP update was released will have LP preloaded on them.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Any phone bought after the update was released will have it ready to update on first boot.
I got a warranty replacement that updated to 'L" on first boot, nothing I could do.
A previous warranty replacement was sent with kitkat and I was happy with that but it still had the same problems.
Lollipop does seem to make the phone run better but there are some small issues.
Root is no problem, just waiting for xposed to be fully updated for lollipop.
Manufacture date on my phone now says 1/2015 and it booted and updated to lollipop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084