How to transfer individual pics or videos from G3 to PC?

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to go in and pick which pics or videos to transfer from the phone to a PC without having to import everything again? I've connected the phone to the PC but I don't see any of the pics or videos listed. I would like to go in and just transfer the newest stuff without having to go through the entire import process again.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you plug in the G3.... it should show up as a external device when you open Windows Explorer. What type of connection is it (MTP, PTP?)

Want the easiest way? Here is what I would suggest:

Enable the automatic photo backup (you can access it via Google+, which is still bundled with Google Photos).
Download and install Google Drive on your PC.
Go to drive.google.com, open the settings (gear cog in the right corner) and select "Create a Google Photos folder"

When you install Google Drive on your PC, you'll have a new favorite called "Google Drive"... which will have a "Google Photos" folder. When you take a picture or video on your G3, it will back up to the Google cloud, then once there, it will then automatically sync back down to your computer and you can just go into the Google Photos folder and find it.

No more cables.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't really want anything to do with Google+.

I guess I'll just transfer everything again then pull out the newest stuff and cntrl+A and delete the rest.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't really want anything to do with Google+.

I guess I'll just transfer everything again then pull out the newest stuff and cntrl+A and delete the rest.

Well... the Google Photos interface is kind of bundled with Google+....but not for long. Google is ripping it out as a stand-alone service (hence photos showing up in Google Drive now). But you don't need to use G+ for anything other than a conduit to get the Google Photos app.

Its must easier than fussing with transferring files or plugging in the phone.

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You might try DropBox. I have it on the phone and the pc. It is cloud storage and makes file management rather easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs