Error Code 505, Cannot DL apps from Google Play ;(

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint LG G3, un-rooted, running Lollipop.

Lately I have found a variety of apps that I want to download from the google store including Facebook Messanger have given me this lovely 505 Error Code, and I am unable to download them.

I have googled this topic and was told to clear cache, data from the google play store app. I did that and still nothing.

When I did the lollipop upgrade, I immediately did a factory reset, which seemed to help in all areas, however this has been happening with more and more apps.

Any ideas, help, or where I should look. I know the search button is my friend but not many posts here, reddit, or google have been geared toward this particular phone.

Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try also going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Download Manager, and Clearing Cache/Data there. If that doesn't help, go to Settings>Accounts​, and remove your Google account completely. Then add it back again.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No luck
I still cannot download facebook messanger and other things have had 505 errors. I tried all those things including getting rid of the google account.

Do you think a hard reset will help? I hate doing it...but...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No luck
I still cannot download facebook messanger and other things have had 505 errors. I tried all those things including getting rid of the google account.

Do you think a hard reset will help? I hate doing it...but...

I had that error msg once. I had let my credit card(the one that i use on the play store) expire. Quick change of cards, and i never got that #505 again.:p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By chance, have you used multiple user profiles on your phone? If so, see if those apps have been installed on the other profiles. If so, uninstall them from each profile, then try installing again from the main profile.

EDIT: Which version of Lollipop do you have? Here's a thread discussing the 505 issue in 5.0 on the Nexus 7, which was apparently fixed in 5.0.1: http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...deal-with-unknown-installation-error-code-505