Potential G3 New Owner

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So I currently have an iPhone 6 and looking to sell it and buy a 32GB G3 with an extra 32GB memory card but have a few questions and have had issues in the past with android phones so want to make sure I won't have them again.

1. Does anyone have any issues with the phone and connecting to their car (and syncing contacts) via Bluetooth?

2. I have a set of Bose Mie2i headphones (iPhone ones) and I know they may not work fully with the G3, will I lose all functionality though or will some in like buttons still work?

3. Can apps be installed on the memory card?

4. Does the 32GB model always have 3GB RAM?

That's it for now I think :)

Thanks

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh and do all 32GB (3GB RAM) versions have the TV antenna? Apparently it's only the Korean models that have this extra ram

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
1. Does anyone have any issues with the phone and connecting to their car (and syncing contacts) via Bluetooth? I have not tried this with mine yet.

2. I have a set of Bose Mie2i headphones (iPhone ones) and I know they may not work fully with the G3, will I lose all functionality though or will some in like buttons still work? They should work with Android.

3. Can apps be installed on the memory card? Yes.

4. Does the 32GB model always have 3GB RAM? Yes.

Bonus: Oh and do all 32GB (3GB RAM) versions have the TV antenna? Only Korean Variant. Only works in Korea.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
1) Yes it works fine. It's better too cause you can pick which bt device will take calls or which one will take audio (my car doesn't have A2DP so I had to buy a separate receiver and it simultaneously works with the car)

2) Yes

3) I don't have that particular headphone, but I believe it should work

3) I haven't tried that one yet

4) Yes

And like xocomaox mentioned, only the Korean variant have those antennas.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! Just about to order it now then with the memory card, case and glass screen protector :). Will report back with regards to any issues I may have once I get it.

My question about the 32GB model was because I thought the Korean one with the antenna was the only way of getting a 32GB/3GB RAM model...take it that's not true?

draskome

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My question about the 32GB model was because I thought the Korean one with the antenna was the only way of getting a 32GB/3GB RAM model...take it that's not true?
You can get 32/3GB model as well as 16/2GB, and that is not related with Korean model in any way..

Posted via the Android Central App

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
That's what I like to hear! Thanks :) all ordered anyway, went for the gold model too. Hoping they don't take forever to deliver it to me! Ha. Looking forward to giving android another go :)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just as an FYI.. The ear phones will work but the volume and call buttons may not be recognized. I have read this on various forums.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up :) have seen this issue before with a few other android phones I owned and the official apple headphones.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, kind of.
You can remove that screen also if you don't want it and then always add it back later if you change your mind.
Also you can download Flipboard for news and such that scroll.
Fred

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey! :)

Okay will have a look and see what it's like then! I know I can also download the blink feed home screen but wanna try and keep the stock home screen. Yeah I use flip board too but like some news on the home screen so I can get to it easily :).

Fingers crossed the phone should be here by the end of the week! The site I ordered it from has some pretty bad reviews so hoping it will all be okay! Ha

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
To make it the home screen, you have to set it as "home", by default (at least on my G3) it was not the "home" screen but one to the left.
I don't use it so I simply deleted that screen.

:)
Fred

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay cool :) that's like with the HTC phones then and blink feed. Will see how I like it and decide what I wanna do from there.

Anything I Should do or download or update when I get the phone then? :) I know on some phones it's recommended to do or not to do certain things

Thanks

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So I currently have an iPhone 6 and looking to sell it and buy a 32GB G3 with an extra 32GB memory card but have a few questions and have had issues in the past with android phones so want to make sure I won't have them again.

1. Does anyone have any issues with the phone and connecting to their car (and syncing contacts) via Bluetooth?

2. I have a set of Bose Mie2i headphones (iPhone ones) and I know they may not work fully with the G3, will I lose all functionality though or will some in like buttons still work?

3. Can apps be installed on the memory card?

4. Does the 32GB model always have 3GB RAM?

That's it for now I think :)

Thanks

1. Does anyone have any issues with the phone and connecting to their car (and syncing contacts) via Bluetooth? I haven't had a problem with my car (2014 Mazda 3). I'm guessing it depends on your car and what the software is capable of.

2. I have a set of Bose Mie2i headphones (iPhone ones) and I know they may not work fully with the G3, will I lose all functionality though or will some in like buttons still work? - Unknown - I use a basic SkullCandy headphone/earbud set

3. Can apps be installed on the memory card? Yes

4. Does the 32GB model always have 3GB RAM? Yes

If you go with the G3 - hope you enjoy it. I've had mine for a couple weeks and no complaints so far.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Does anyone have any issues with the phone and connecting to their car (and syncing contacts) via Bluetooth? I haven't had a problem with my car (2014 Mazda 3). I'm guessing it depends on your car and what the software is capable of.

2. I have a set of Bose Mie2i headphones (iPhone ones) and I know they may not work fully with the G3, will I lose all functionality though or will some in like buttons still work? - Unknown - I use a basic SkullCandy headphone/earbud set

3. Can apps be installed on the memory card? Yes

4. Does the 32GB model always have 3GB RAM? Yes

If you go with the G3 - hope you enjoy it. I've had mine for a couple weeks and no complaints so far.

Awesome! Thanks for the replies :) will have to wait and see about the car and headphones won't i. And I did go for it in the end, gold 32GB model with 32GB Class 10 SD card, Ringke case and glass screen protector :) should be here this week

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Everyone's answered your questions but I'll add to the 1st one.

Never had any issues with my at&t G3 Bluetooth phone and audio streaming connecting to my 2013 subaru legacy, 2015 subaru legacy or my dad's 2015 acura TLX.

I successfully use the app "Bluetooth connect and play" to auto connect and start Pandora when I start the cars.

Posted via the Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth works great for phone and music streaming in 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The only disappointment is that the song information doesn't seem to work, and you can't see the artist and song title on the dashboard display (at least with Pandora).

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! Really appreciate it 😊. So it turns out the phone I originally bought was coming from China and may well have been fake. It's still coming but is stuck in customs atm so I went to a proper shop and bought a 16gb model in gold Instead. Just on it now and have installed most of the apps I used to have on my iPhone 😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa