Lock screen comes up as white screen

chris0044

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Just started happening today. When I turn my phone on, instead of getting the lock screen I get a white screen that just has the emergency call box at the bottom. I can get no further than this. When I touch emergency call, I can see the bar at the top with pending notifications, but no way to get there. I can hear the incoming text notification. I can receive a call. On the white screen, I can see the faint images of home and back at the bottom. I have rebooted, removed the battery. when I start in safe mode, I see the same white screen, but it does say safe mode at the bottom, but still can't do anything or get any further.
Does anyone have any ideas?
thanks!

chris0044

May 3, 2015
Visit site
A bit more information, if I enter the knock code from the black screen, it brings up a message saying you have entered a wrong code 5 times, you have one attempt left and then have to enter the PIN, but that never happens, I get that message everytime I attempt to use the knock code.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Let me at least say Hello, and Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

I'm sorry you've had no reply. It's not that we're unaware of your existence, but the problem seems to have other members stumped. :(

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Odd issue. So you can't even get into the phone? If so, sounds like you need tech support. They'll verify you own the phone and attempt to restore it for you, probably by sending it in. Should still be under warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App

androiduser9876

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same exact problem as chris0044 with my LG G3 since 1 day ago. I have Lollipop. I brought it to the store and they didn't know what to do besides a full reset. I want to backup everything in my phone to my computer before I do the reset. How do I do that without having access to my phone's interface?

Rin01727

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It happened to mine too yesterday. I looked up for solutions most people said to reset it but it won't work. On my white lock screen there's like water stuff and people said to let it dry for 1- 2 days. It's already 1 day still not fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol