Charge times for phone

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys new lg g3 user here. Roughly what is your charge times with the phone? The power block that came with mine didn't work and I went to Verizon to exchange it but the one they gave me seems very slow. Its a lg charger but not the same the phone originally came with. If anyone knows the amount and time and % it takes them it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks. The charger they gave me says an hour and twenty minutes but from almost 50% power. I think its for a dummy phone and not a smartphone.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hour and a half or hour and forty mins from 5% . at&t version

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hour and a half seems about right from 20% to 100 on my T-mobile G3. That's real time not the time the phone days when you check the battery info. Too many things can effect that but if you let it charge with the screen off its pretty quick.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I charge mine when its off and it takes around an hour and half to two hours. Stock Sprint LG G3, No Root, Lollipop 5.0.1

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I went back to Verizon and they changed it to the correct charger. It was white instead of black but that was okay with me.

Raul Huber

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on the amps of the charger. One shoukd look for a 1.8 to 2 mAh chargers. It will not suffice that you use a microUSB charger.

benosa562

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Also the cable. I've noticed this when I was using a cheap micro USB cable and lg block. It would say slow charging and to use original charger. Swapped to a different cable and all was well

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Also the cable. I've noticed this when I was using a cheap micro USB cable and lg block. It would say slow charging and to use original charger. Swapped to a different cable and all was well

Exactly. The cable can make a big difference. I mentioned that in this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/514752-lg-g3-charging-issue.html

I use the Kil-o-watt device to test cables then I put a label on each one to designate fast or slow. Fast consumes around 9.5 watts as opposed to cheap cables that are around 3.5 watts.

It takes less than 90 minutes on mine but letting the battery go down to 0 will shorten battery life.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the charger. I have an older LG wall charger (old LG MyTouch from Tmobile) and my G3 takes a long time to charge, like 3 hours at least for a full charge. The charger that came with it takes about 70-90 minutes for a full charge. The output is 1.5 versus .5 for the old charger. It is worth it to spend the money for a quality charger so you aren't tethered to a wall.

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Best to use the charger associated with the phone. Any other charger you use will take much longer. Best advised to get another one specific for the LG G3 phone. Charge times I've seen are 90-120 minutes.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Best to use the charger associated with the phone. Any other charger you use will take much longer. Best advised to get another one specific for the LG G3 phone. Charge times I've seen are 90-120 minutes.

Actually any good quality charger will be fine. 1.8A, 2A or greater than 2A. Amazon sells some with that can charge more than two devices. The key thing is getting a high quality one and not a cheap knockoff. Like I mentioned a good micro usb cable is needed too.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys new lg g3 user here. Roughly what is your charge times with the phone? The power block that came with mine didn't work and I went to Verizon to exchange it but the one they gave me seems very slow. Its a lg charger but not the same the phone originally came with. If anyone knows the amount and time and % it takes them it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Arbour 90 mins for me last smell a good day.

Jcfunk

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
For those who seem to wonder about charge rates, check this out.

"LINK need 10 post"
Qualcomm's QuickCharge 2.0, first available on most Snapdragon 800 devices. Support for the technology was there, but phone makers decided to save up on chargers, so a lot of phones ended up with slower chargers leaving users confused whether they even support QuickCharge 2.0 (the same confusion basically continues to this day, but we'll right this wrong with this article)

I know, at for me the stock charger is slow. I have a 2.5 amp, 4 port charger. That charges my phone very quickly. Also the usb cable used matters, stock cable works well. Others, that have thinner wires don't.

Update:

Did some searching, found these "LINK need 10 post" usb cables[/url] which have the thickest wires I've seen so far. I'm an Electrician, I can tell you thicker wire more current. I made my own usb cable using 18 AWG, work with my HTC but my G3 doesn't like it. LOL don't know why it won't quick charge with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae