Slow WiFi with Bluetooth on

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I read a few posts yesterday about having slow WiFi speeds while Bluetooth is on. I couldn't figure why my speeds were so slow on WiFi at home and at my sister's house. Like barely over 1mbps. Then I saw the article , turned BT off and my speeds were over 25. I don't know if this is just an LG G3 issue or for others too after lollipop. I just got the LG Watch Urbane and this won't cut it if I want to keep this going. I use WiFi way more and will return the watch if I can't figure out a fix

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I read a few posts yesterday about having slow WiFi speeds while Bluetooth is on. I couldn't figure why my speeds were so slow on WiFi at home and at my sister's house. Like barely over 1mbps. Then I saw the article , turned BT off and my speeds were over 25. I don't know if this is just an LG G3 issue or for others too after lollipop. I just got the LG Watch Urbane and this won't cut it if I want to keep this going. I use WiFi way more and will return the watch if I can't figure out a fix

try changing the WIFI channel. also - try 5G WIFI.

let us know how that works.

good luck.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't changed the channel yet and I won't always have the ability to change WiFi channels at other places. I do have the ability to change to 5ghz at my house but it drops off when upstairs since its range is shorter and it reconnected to 2.4ghz automatically. The issues seems to be on WiFi everywhere, not just home.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't changed the channel yet and I won't always have the ability to change WiFi channels at other places. I do have the ability to change to 5ghz at my house but it drops off when upstairs since its range is shorter and it reconnected to 2.4ghz automatically. The issues seems to be on WiFi everywhere, not just home.

testing helps you narrow down the problem.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
testing helps you narrow down the problem.

Well, I'm going to test how quickly Verizon credits my account. I'm not doing a factory reset of my phone again. The top 2 results are standing next to my apple ac router. Higher speed with bt off.

Attachments

• 9473.jpg
    9473.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 31

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7