lg g3 wireless charging issue

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
hey, i have the canadian model of the lg g3 from bell, the D850. bought the qi wireless on ebay and i installed the antenna on the back cover. laid the phone down and nothing. light on the pad stays red, nothing lights up. the 4 pins seem to match up. did i do something wrong? IMG_0619.jpg IMG_0620.jpg

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: lg g3 wireless charging

Make sure everything is installed correctly and that the phone is positioned on the charger correctly. Often times you have position the phone a certain way for it to detect the Qi charger.

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: lg g3 wireless charging

yea i installed everything correctly. i bought 2 of these nfc stickers, i even put on the new one still nothing.

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
i just read that my model d850 , the canadian model only works over pma charging, which requires the wireless case made for the phone

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
i just read that my model d850 , the canadian model only works over pma charging, which requires the wireless case made for the phone
At least you know what the problem is. Do you plan on going that route? The wireless charging feature is so convenient. I have it on the Nexus 5 and love it.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
I had the same issue with my VS985. I fixed it myself. What I did was this:
Take off the back cover. Look at the pins on the device itself. I took a small screw driver and pushed the pins all the way over to the outer edge of the device. Now my pins make contact with the sticker on the back cover and my NFC and Qi charger work fine.
Hope it helps. Good luck! 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
At least you know what the problem is. Do you plan on going that route? The wireless charging feature is so convenient. I have it on the Nexus 5 and love it.

ive been using it for awhile now and its awesome especially when im using the wallcharger to charge the ps4 controller

dbeaudry83

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, That was EXACTLY my Issue. After trying TONS and TONS of diff ways to make it work that did the trick! Love my G3 this only makes it that much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11